2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last few pages of this thread are beyond bizarre. We finally get a keeper we can be proud of and confident in, and we start questioning him because of what Neville, Giggs and Dixon say? What?
Maybe I’ve got a short memory, but care to remind me of ONE goal Jordan was at fault for last year? I mean seriously, singularly at fault for? Like Robles’ “attempt” at the third goal at Anfield, his “performance” at the Emirates...that kind of stuff?
Thing is a didnt mind Robles, but Pickford is already way ahead of him and will only get better, for this stage of his career and his age he is doing great, anyone who expects more this soon is just silly for the sake of it

He is young for a keeper, will make mistakes and change his game as he gets older.
To me at the moment he should come and command the area a bit better.
I don't know if its just me but he looks to be making every save look dramatic even the normal ones you would expect him to make, like he is forcing his game , feeling he has to make himself look good.
He is learning under immense pressure and needs to be given a bit of slack to do it ,that prick Neville dint do him any favours the other day on TV .

Stop throwing facts and logic around. The section of the fan base who despise any good players own have anointed their scapegoat for England’s inevitable World Cup failure already.

We just want the best mate and JP isn't going to win you a League.

Pmsl comparing JP to Neville Southall

We just want the best mate and JP isn't going to win you a League.

Pmsl comparing JP to Neville Southall
And neither was Mimms, Myhre, Martyn, Gerrard, Simonsen, Baardsen, Howard, Robles...and probably a few other no-marks I’ve forgotten.
I’d best dip out of this thread, it’s doing my head in.

And neither was Mimms, Myhre, Martyn, Gerrard, Simonsen, Baardsen, Howard, Robles...and probably a few other no-marks I’ve forgotten.
I’d best dip out of this thread, it’s doing my head in.

Anno mate NS is the best keeper in world football...I know that's hard to believe for the younguns on here...but you got to look at the evidence and truth will find a way.

I don't know if its just me but he looks to be making every save look dramatic even the normal ones you would expect him to make, like he is forcing his game , feeling he has to make himself look good.
He is learning under immense pressure and needs to be given a bit of slack to do it ,that prick Neville dint do him any favours the other day on TV .

Even as one of his biggest admirers, I do agree with this.

I blame it on the coach, Margetson. The blert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back