2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying Big Nev would be a bad goalie now? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Possibly.

He was the greatest in the world, but football has changed since he played, thats why Greatest of all time is a myth.

Would Dixie Dean score 60 goals in this era?

Would Messi even still be playing after some Spanish CB is hacking him to pieces every week like Diego had to contend with?

For me Big Nev was the best Keeper of his era, but its no longer his era.

Possibly.

He was the greatest in the world, but football has changed since he played, thats why Marcel Greatest of all time is a myth.

Would Messi even still be playing after some Spanish CB is hacking him to pieces every week like Diego had to contend with?

You don't exist? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Possibly.

He was the greatest in the world, but football has changed since he played, thats why Greatest of all time is a myth.

Nev is the Elvis of all goalies .stay out the sun mate
Possibly.

nev is the Elvis of all goalies

I am also of the opinion that pickford is too small to be a top goalkeeper. He is decent in some situations but in others he makes things look difficult that other taller goalkeepers would make look like a routine save. There are quite a lot of different examples where his height has cost his team goals. Belgium for one, hadkuk split away last year. I know there are many more too.
It's an opinions game so many will disagree but I agree with some others and don't think he's any better than the likes of Robles, simply because of his height and lack of reach. Would be interesting to see Silvas take on this.

A keepers height has nothing to do with how good he is, it might effect the way in which he will try and save the ball in certain situations but it means absolutely nothing, they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

A keepers height has nothing to do with how good he is, it might effect the way in which he will try and save the ball in certain situations but it means absolutely nothing, they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

It has every thing to do with it mate.

The last few pages of this thread are beyond bizarre. We finally get a keeper we can be proud of and confident in, and we start questioning him because of what Neville, Giggs and Dixon say? What?
Maybe I’ve got a short memory, but care to remind me of ONE goal Jordan was at fault for last year? I mean seriously, singularly at fault for? Like Robles’ “attempt” at the third goal at Anfield, his “performance” at the Emirates...that kind of stuff?

I am also of the opinion that pickford is too small to be a top goalkeeper. He is decent in some situations but in others he makes things look difficult that other taller goalkeepers would make look like a routine save. There are quite a lot of different examples where his height has cost his team goals. Belgium for one, hadkuk split away last year. I know there are many more too.
It's an opinions game so many will disagree but I agree with some others and don't think he's any better than the likes of Robles, simply because of his height and lack of reach. Would be interesting to see Silvas take on this.

Same height as Southall.

Was Southall not a top keeper?

The last few pages of this thread are beyond bizarre. We finally get a keeper we can be proud of and confident in, and we start questioning him because of what Neville, Giggs and Dixon say? What?
Maybe I’ve got a short memory, but care to remind me of ONE goal Jordan was at fault for last year? I mean seriously, singularly at fault for? Like Robles’ “attempt” at the third goal at Anfield, his “performance” at the Emirates...that kind of stuff?
Dont worry mate,some will do it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back