2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure they'll have worked out that punching is better than catching when the risk of spilling the ball is factored in.

Very British thing to get hung up on too. Like the obsession with "not getting beaten at the near post". Better to get positioned in the best place to minimise a goal not the best place to minimise a goal in a specific area of the goal.
Giggs was saying how much Nev used to practice making a good connection on saves so when he punched it, he punched it away and completely out the area, and that is a very much an 80's british keeper, Not catching the ball isn't really Pickfords issue.

Not many in the prem I’d swap him for. Easily better than Karius, Mignolet Cech (the jarg Arsenal version) Ospina. It’s probably only De Gea, Courtois, Emerson and Lloris that are better, and how many clangers does Lloris drop!
Messi likes Courtois.

Damned if you do damned if you don't,the save that everybody highlighted he could have pushed over the bar,but if they'd scored from the resulting corner...

Robles was very good In Koeman first season. He didn't deserve to be shunted.

Pickford conceded more goals last season than Robles has in his entire career lol

Robles is one of the worst keepers i have ever seen wear our shirt.

At times he looked like he had won a competition or a company like " Make a wish " had granted him the chance to be in goal.

Good article in the i (it was all there was) today slating the ITV panel for their criticism of him and calling for a goalkeeper on these panels.

But let’s face it all the pundits wanted Jack Butland as number 1 didn’t they?

Casillas mostly went with his 'wrong hand'. It's down to the keepers preference and style. Some coaches argue that you cover more of the goal with your 'weaker hand'.

Some on here just hate any of our own players. Pickford is the least of our worries as far as the first team is concerned. He's England's number 1 and he'll be improved next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back