2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean the same de gea that has proven himself to be the best keeper in the world for several seasons now
Yeah the point is even the best in the world makes mistakes, Pickford is 24.mistakes will happen, He's literally went from Sunderland relegation heap to a disjoined messed up Everton team to England #1 all in little time. Not arsed anyway I wanted Belgium to win so I don't care about the goal tbh.

Courtois just said that he thinks that he would have saved the ball because he's ten centimetres taller than Pickford. He added that Pickford lost valuable time by throwing his legs in the air.

A question asked by English reporters btw.

He might be right.

Another thought:

PL Save Percentage leaders:

#10 - Courtois at 68.5%
#11 - Pickford at 65.8%

You wouldn't think he was voted our Players' Player of the Year, Fans Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year reading this thread.

If only he would have saved that one shot that Rose and Delph essentially let Januzaj curl one in from 16 yards unchallenged.

That isn't exactly a high bar...

The scapegoating of him is way OTT, but noting that he constantly (accurate description) parrys out into the danger area is fair game...

wow, I wonder if United fans are ready to bin DeGea because he's been terrible for Spain?
Pickford has been fine for England. They've played two pub sides and set out to lose the other game so hardly a set of games on which you could properly rate the players.
He was very good for us last season and at 24, will only get better. I lost count of the different back 4 combos he had to play behind and for the most part, they were below the standard required.
As long as he doesnt get injured or the 'pickford's crap' hype train doesn't affect his confidence, I'm happy.

...Courtois mustn’t be in the Goalies Union.

Tbf they asked him a question and he answered. It's not like he's freely offering his opinion on Pickford's goalkeeping. Further in the interview they asked him if he had seen some good goalkeeping this tournament and he complimented Muslera, Patricio and Ochoa.

Tbf they asked him a question and he answered. It's not like he's freely offering his opinion on Pickford's goalkeeping. Further in the interview they asked him if he had seen some good goalkeeping this tournament and he complimented Muslera, Patricio and Ochoa.
Odd that he'd pick out those 3. 2 of them play in pub leagues and the other has just signed to Wolves from a pub league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back