2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He criticises everyone though, and the very next week he’ll be contradicting himself. He’ll have a pop at the management of the likes of Mourinho or Conte like he’s an expert on football management. I wouldn’t mind if he was just giving insights on the game based on his experience as a player but this role he’s created of untouchable all knowing critic is ridiculous. Like I said, I’ve never heard him say anything that wasn’t already immediately obvious to anyone watching the game. Mourinho is right to continue to pipe down beauts like him Carragher and Redknapp.
+ Neville - they were top players he wasn't so I bet they know things he cant possibly know, pressure of playing at the highest level for one.

Don't blame Pickford one bit for their goal last night. It seems everyone likes to have a go at goal from that position, (Cutting in from wide outside area and swerving ball into far corner). That being the case - the defenders should be the ones being criticized,

He criticises everyone though, and the very next week he’ll be contradicting himself. He’ll have a pop at the management of the likes of Mourinho or Conte like he’s an expert on football management. I wouldn’t mind if he was just giving insights on the game based on his experience as a player but this role he’s created of untouchable all knowing critic is ridiculous. Like I said, I’ve never heard him say anything that wasn’t already immediately obvious to anyone watching the game. Mourinho is right to continue to pipe down beauts like him Carragher and Redknapp.

You calling Neville Southall a ‘beaut’?

The guy can say what he likes, especially about goalkeeping.

Courtois just said that he thinks that he would have saved the ball because he's ten centimetres taller than Pickford. He added that Pickford lost valuable time by throwing his legs in the air.

A question asked by English reporters btw.

Pickfords good enough for us. Don't think he will ever be an elite keeper, but his better then average.

De geas reflexes are ridiculous, same as neur has been for years before his injury.

England's best keeper, that's really no praise. Like saying hitler was Germany's best nazi

And star jumps might've had a terrible last 2 seasons but before that he was thrice the keeper this lad is
It's not though is it? As far as nazis go, he was let's say the most optimum in world.
Whereas you say Pickford isn't the most optimum.
Bad analogy and somewhat tasteless.

Only if you judge Howard on his last 18 months or so. Before that he was generally a very good keeper, not great but more than adequate. Not really seen anything from Pickford to suggest he's a considerable upgrade on a pre-2014 Howard.
Howard's best was very good, no doubt about it. Its a shame he hung out to dry one season to many otherwise he would be fondly remembered by most.

No need for that, and you've been here long enough to know that !!
It's not though is it? As far as nazis go, he was let's say the most optimum in world.
Whereas you say Pickford isn't the most optimum.
Bad analogy and somewhat tasteless.
Are you a Jew?

Courtois just said that he thinks that he would have saved the ball because he's ten centimetres taller than Pickford. He added that Pickford lost valuable time by throwing his legs in the air.

A question asked by English reporters btw.

Bet it was that Gary Cotterill tool who asked the question. Media seem to be going for Pickford in a big way. Seems to be some sort of agenda. Probably because he doesn’t play for one of the Sky 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back