2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

..I think he concentrates too much on his distribution. This could impact his positioning because he’s often looking to pass the ball out rather than covering between the posts.

I’m not a fan of this playing from the back, it goes to extremes when you expect your goalie to be a midfielder. I spent many an hour watching Southall go through the most amazing training routines at Bellefield and it was all about saving shots.

..I think he concentrates too much on his distribution. This could impact his positioning because he’s often looking to pass the ball out rather than covering between the posts.

I’m not a fan of this playing from the back, it goes to extremes when you expect your goalie to be a midfielder. I spent many an hour watching Southall go through the most amazing training routines at Bellefield and it was all about saving shots.
While I am a fan, a keeper's job should be first and foremost that - to save shots.
When you look at Neuer and the way Pep wants his keepers to play - it's kind of weird, it's more or less an extra defender who occasionally uses his hands. I mean it works for him and the heavy possession based way to play the game, but for us? Swerve. Just boot it upfield.

In Bulgaria we have a 'saying' that works both for actual life and football - cleanliness is health (direct translation clearly doesn't work that well, but I suppose you get the gist of it). If the ball's not near our GK - he's a healthy GK. Much rather than than fancy pants playing it out tbh.

Ah good, so we’re joining in with the media piling in on our one representative left at the World Cup (and comfortably our best player last year) are we then?

Outstanding.
We need new signing to sharpen our knives for..

Do something Brands you phoney.

Mmmmm red media having a go at the goalie, it seems a trifle excessive, almost as if they're trying to block out a previous incident or two...

Seems that he has become the scapegoat for the whole England team :coffee:

Despite :

Trent Alexander Arnold not putting in a single decent corner in all night.
Marcus Rashford missing a sitter.
Vardy the rat, doing nothing of note all game and looking out of his depth.
Eric Dier looking like a Big Willy C impersonator, as he lumbered around the middle all game.
Danny Rose not closing down and falling for the feint by Januzaj for the goal.

Hey ho.

Seems that he has become the scapegoat for the whole England team :coffee:

Despite :

Trent Alexander Arnold not putting in a single decent corner in all night.
Marcus Rashford missing a sitter.
Vardy the rat, doing nothing of note all game and looking out of his depth.
Eric Dier looking like a Big Willy C impersonator, as he lumbered around the middle all game.
Danny Rose not closing down and falling for the feint by Januzaj for the goal.

Hey ho.
If Butland played for Liverpool already, nailed on he'd be number 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back