2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary Neville proved last night that he’s an awful manager, assistant manager, and pundit by criticising a young gk for jumping with his feet off the floor.

Not quite correct, proved he cannot manage a you know what in a brewey never mind football.

He should have dealt with them better but you cannot say a save is a fault. I was on the way to pick my missus up from work and the radio pundits (Stuart Pearce and co) praised Pickford for his first save saying that the ball was all over the place then when I get in the TV is saying different. My whole point in this blame culture is the pundits acting like they were perfect when they were far from it. Bet you the rest of the worlds TV are praising the goal rather than blaming someone. It's the British in us. Whinging at it's best. Players being put down by ex players and failed managers then the majority of the public hanging on to there words. I suggest people watch some of the old classic games thread and see how refreshing it is to listen to commentators commentate rather than judge and blame.
You can say a save is fault if it’s a fault, and his second save was, clearly. If he’d let it in it would have been absolutely appalling goalkeeping so he doesn’t get credit for stopping it, it’s what he does with it that you have to look at, and he ballsed it up.

No harm done but definitely worth pointing out and definitely something he should work on.

Why does anyone give any credence to anything Neville says? He’s one of the worst managers out there and has basically resigned himself to criticising players for something that a week later he’ll be praising them for. He’s a massive hypocrite and has never said anything that your average bloke in the pub couldn’t have thought for himself watching the game.

Why does anyone give any credence to anything Neville says? He’s one of the worst managers out there and has basically resigned himself to criticising players for something that a week later he’ll be praising them for. He’s a massive hypocrite and has never said anything that your average bloke in the pub couldn’t have thought for himself watching the game.
he played the game to the highest level, and has made an concerted effort to become a credible pundit, His opinion is there to be disagreed with, but he's certainly earned the right to have it, it's sheer tribalism to discredit him because he has criticized an everton player

He made ,mistakes and will in the futureSo you are whinging about the fact that people whinge when he makes an obvious mistake ?
De Gea mistake against Portugal gets swept under a rug but this is a mistake is the worst of the worst.
leave it out.
Pundits analysing English players on an English program after an England match so obviously more depth, I bet Spanish pundits mentioned his mistakes. Think we are trying too hard to stick up for him, he has made mistakes but will get better.

Goalkeeper that doesn't save every single shot from being a goal. What a shocker.

Will be proper impressed if i ever come across a goalie that has never had a goal scored against him or made a mistake.

Always need a scape goat when England lose or get knocked out. It will be Southgate's turn when we get knocked out and i am certain he already knows that. It is how we have operated for decades. Have to blame someone, can never be something simple such as England just aren't very good.

In fairness, a lot of people said he was gash in his first year at Utd. If you can't see the potential in Pickford then that's fine, you're entitled to that opinion. I think we have to allow him time.
He could go either way, become a really good keeper or become another Kirkland, to spend 30 mil on something as uncertain was madness

he played the game to the highest level, and has made an concerted effort to become a credible pundit, His opinion is there to be disagreed with, but he's certainly earned the right to have it, it's sheer tribalism to discredit him because he has criticized an everton player

He criticises everyone though, and the very next week he’ll be contradicting himself. He’ll have a pop at the management of the likes of Mourinho or Conte like he’s an expert on football management. I wouldn’t mind if he was just giving insights on the game based on his experience as a player but this role he’s created of untouchable all knowing critic is ridiculous. Like I said, I’ve never heard him say anything that wasn’t already immediately obvious to anyone watching the game. Mourinho is right to continue to pipe down beauts like him Carragher and Redknapp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back