2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've been pointing out to deluded kopites this morning that:

1) if you think he should risk the ball nestling in the top bin/cannoning of the post/licking the paint off the post on the way by, rather than concede a corner, then you are an idiot.

2) That save alone matched David De Gea's total saves for the tournament. Indeed Pickford quadrupled DDG's tournament total in the one game.

3) His penalty save bailed out your captain's error. So pipe down.

I've been pointing out to deluded kopites this morning that:

1) if you think he should risk the ball nestling in the top bin/cannoning of the post/licking the paint off the post on the way by, rather than concede a corner, then you are an idiot.

2) That save alone matched David De Gea's total saves for the tournament. Indeed Pickford quadrupled DDG's tournament total in the one game.

3) His penalty save bailed out your captain's error. So pipe down.

...just say ‘Karius’ to them, Tim.

I love this lad so much.

He’s young and developing into a fine keeper. He makes mistakes, but not as many as some would have you believe.

He’s bound to make more mistakes going forward. Wouldn’t surprise me if after his next mistake he’s thrown in the bin by the press gimps.

Some people seem to think that the ball goes straight when it is kicked."It wasn't going in" the haters are crying, "no need to touch it". Bollocks isn't it? That Iranian goalie would never have saved that peno from Ronaldo if it had gone straight (heading just inside the post) however it stook a swerve in the last couple of metres and ended up in his arms. Good goalies cover the posts.

I think the fact that with slow motion replays, people still can’t agree if it’s going in or not, it was obviously one he couldn’t risk leaving.

I’m quite nervous for him when I see a trickled shot in his direction tbh. Not that I don’t expect him to save it, just wary of the backlash if he doesn’t!

The last 10-15 pages reiterate that members on this forum should be made to put their keyboards away after a few gargles. Honestly, there are some seasoned forum posters who have let themselves down very badly here. Still a good read mind!

Also JP couldn't leave that ball even if it was going wide. It was too close to call therefore he made a worldie. That's OUR boy!

And he stuck it right up 'em in the interview. Class!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back