Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Koeman wants to build the team around Barkley
I think its a given Barkley will not be playing behind the striker. The number one most important player you need in that role is a playmaker. A top-notch passer of the ball will carve open defenses with passes to the striker and both wingers. Barkley can shoot, but his passing is suspect at best.

You're saying we'll be right, that you know we'll get someone else in of equal caliber. I'm saying it's not proven that it will happen. There's no confusion on that is there?
Not on this end

I'm saying I never said there's already a precedent for it, just that we can tell from where the club is going that of we don't get Mata there'll be an alternative lined up, unlike under previous regimes

Tell ya what this forum is becoming a mirror image of what's going on in the country at the minute,snidey in fighting and pettiness for no reason.

People need to be a bit more peace and love.
I agree. But please, in future, don't make me have to think about Ringo Starr.

Even if for some reason we weren't to land our main targets we've still got enough clout to move forward and add to what we've got coupled with some great youngster coming through.

Can't wait to see Tom Davies golden locks next season.

Not on this end

I'm saying I never said there's already a precedent for it, just that we can tell from where the club is going that of we don't get Mata there'll be an alternative lined up, unlike under previous regimes

You can't though. It's no different to putting in a false bid for Shearer all those years ago at this stage. When we see facts I'll believe.

I think this last point particularly stands out for me, I've believed for a while now that the first 'bigger name' player wanting to join us is actually looking over his shoulder to see if another big name player has joined first, to provide the confirmation to them that there is a real project in place.

Or maybe they are looking anxiously to see if we are selling the likes of Stones....that would make me think twice about signing if the best defender of several generations was on his bike.

stop6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back