Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not about wrapping him in cotton wool, its about him playing regularly to become a better player.

The idea of him being a bench warmer for next season is mind blowing for me.

He has to fight for his place, he will play better in the knowledge that if he just wants to coast through games like he has this season he will lose his place. Competition is everything, as Koeman has said himself.

Witsel Barkley Mata midfield is a bit sexy
Tell you what.. Whoever our centre forward is will get some service mate.

Bloody exciting. No wonder ST are going like hot cakes and we haven't signed anyone yet..

Amazing time to be a blue.

@Tubey was bang on earlier when he said not even our own fanbase has got their heads round it yet, so true. I sent me arl fella a few text this week about players etc.. And all he replies is " can't believe this. COYB "

He has to fight for his place, he will play better in the knowledge that if he just wants to coast through games like he has this season he will lose his place. Competition is everything, as Koeman has said himself.

I don't think he ever coasted, I just think his formed dipped just as the tide turned on the manager and both never recovered.

He's 22. And while I do agree with you, and it will also develop him having Mata there (if so), I'm still in the mindset of young English players need to play regularly to get better.

He was literally half a season away from being one of the top premier league midfielders last season. Find that and we're talking about a fine young player

Last edited:

I don't think he ever coasted, I just think his formed dipped just as the tide turned on the manager and both never recovered.

He's 22. And while I do agree with you, and it will also develop him having Mata there (if so), I'm still in the mindset of young English players need to play regularly to get better.

He was literally half a season away from being one of the top premier league midfielders last season. Find that and we're talking about a fine young player

Plenty of games where has strolled rather than gone running though, definately hasn't put in 100% every game, and for me that is the minimum requirement of every footballer. Needs a kick up the backside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back