Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's alla bit of myth myself. The London players don't live in central London anyway. They live in the posh suburbs a la Alderly Edge. Same as every city in the world. They can still travel to London in no time if they want or stay over after a game.
I see celeb types in my job and see northern players and managers regularly doing this. Really can't see them choosing a club for this reason unless they're badly advised.

Mata already lives in the Cheshire 'golden triangle' and is very settled there, by all accounts. I think it's one of the factors in our favour, definitely

That new stadium that is 5 years old and council owned?

Yeah that's the one. A bit pedantic there mate. If I moved into a house that was 5-10000 years old, I would be moving into a new home. West Ham are in Europe, they have good Manager, their rent on the Stadium is 2.5m a year, with most other expenses, policing,lighting etc to be paid for by the taxpayer. They have a 99 year lease. A new Stadium costing next to nothing at the time clubs have come into all this tv money, plus increased revenues from the ground, will give them financial muscle too. Don't think anyone can really dispute West Ham are in a better place than us.

Yeah that's the one. A bit pedantic there mate. If I moved into a house that was 5-10000 years old, I would be moving into a new home. West Ham are in Europe, they have good Manager, their rent on the Stadium is 2.5m a year, with most other expenses, policing,lighting etc to be paid for by the taxpayer. They have a 99 year lease. A new Stadium costing next to nothing at the time clubs have come into all this tv money, plus increased revenues from the ground, will give them financial muscle too. Don't think anyone can really dispute West Ham are in a better place than us.

Was mucking about.

The owners have played a blinder, of that there is no doubt.

But would you want to be a West Ham fan knowing your clubs home is now part owned by every clubs fans ,who paid there taxes to fund there new home when it was built ,talk about being the premier leagues laughing stocks in this era of clubs rebuilding or moving grounds with there own money not a London handout

Think at the moment they most probably are regarding the stadium. Should all change in a few years time. Guess it has much to do how we sell the Everton project to our targets. We have the money to rival most clubs in salaries now. Imo in the end that's the most deciding factor for almost every player.

But would you want to be a West Ham fan knowing your clubs home is now part owned by every clubs fans ,who paid there taxes to fund there new home when it was built ,talk about being the premier leagues laughing stocks in this era of clubs rebuilding or moving grounds with there own money not a London handout

Mate, we don't own our training facilities.

If we got the Commonwealth games & had the option of getting a new stadium for a similar deal as West Ham, you wouldn't be happy? Really? Wow.

If we got the Commonwealth games & had the option of getting a new stadium for a similar deal as West Ham, you wouldn't be happy? Really? Wow.

Massively different commonwealth games gets funded by individual cities so Everton would have to part fund it.

Olympics was built by tax payers nationwide and national lottery grant West Ham never contributed to its build unless you count the West Ham fans who are tax payers

Massively different commonwealth games gets funded by individual cities so Everton would have to part fund it.

Olympics was built by tax payers nationwide and national lottery grant West Ham never contributed to its build unless you count the West Ham fans who are tax payers

If the Commonwealth games came here, it would be funded from the nations coffers. Not really sure of your argument there regarding individual cities. Why would Everton have to fund a new stadium for the Commonwealth games? The taxpayer would be funding. Whatever,it doesn't matter. If we had the chance of a deal similar to the West Ham one, you wouldn't be happy? W.O.W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back