Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
We may as well give up now then - if top players won't come here yet we need a clearout, nothing left to do. Close shop, go home, sell Goodison off to a supermarket. :coffee:

Yip.

We don't need to go to RAWK or any other team's forum to read demeaning comments about our beloved EFC.....we have our very own Cassandras right here in our own bailiwick :blush:

Why on earth would Mata or any other top flight player sign for us, I dought if Pele at his best would change this lot into a team that would succeed, we may have some good ones coming but that's 2 seasons down the road. but we need six now.
A realisation on our part is that there needs to be a major clearout.
Not just the Kone,s of our team but many, no most of the forums favourite sons, they are not good enough.
I watched RKs face on Saturday and written on it was what have I done coming here?
I hope I am wrong but fear the worst.

Wow, just wow

Oh good, a pedant. Pogba's arrival has been on the cards for weeks, the latest flurry of talk about Mata is because of his treatment yesterday, Mourinho has made it pretty clear he doesn't care about him, God knows why a quiet chat won't do but that's his style.

and everyone has known for years that mourinho doesnt want mata in his team

No, he didn't just "mention it". He had us all believing it was a done deal!
My point is....it may be ?
I don't know, My closest leads to the club are you lot...I tend not to try to get too excited when it comes to rumours though, They are just that.
I do enjoy hearing them all the same..
If they don't happen....I just try not to jump on peoples backs...no point really :)
Lets be honest, If it wasnt for @The Esk this window would be so much more dull....at least were discussing possible incomings...if it was left to Sky...it's all outwards movements and penny pinching. (I don't believe thats the case anymore) were just out of our targets league at present.
Deadline day madness (I hope)

No, he didn't just "mention it". He had us all believing it was a done deal!

Nope. You interpreted what he said and believed it was a done deal. No deal is done until it is announced on the OS.

Players change their minds, as do selling clubs. That's the issue with ITKs on here - never take what is said as gospel. They're always sharing 2nd hand information which is always subject to change/being innacurate. Far too many people on here crying "he said this, he said that....nothing has happened blah blah blah". Either take what they say with a pinch of salt, or total disbelief....but don't rip into them because you've incorrectly taken their info as "done deal" :coffee:

Utd badly need to start getting some money back into the coffers. This summer alone, so far, they have spent a quarter of a billion pounds. In the last three seasons it will have been half a billion pounds.

Players are going to leave, they may not be coming to Everton but no club can continue that kind of spending.

I think we will see players leave but it will be at the end of the window.
I think that if Everton are to make Marquee signings it will be then, at the very end.
Until then, players like Mata, Witsel, Carvalho and others are looking at what is on offer and what suits them best.
Players of the calibre are not worried about being frozen out.

Why on earth would Mata or any other top flight player sign for us, I dought if Pele at his best would change this lot into a team that would succeed, we may have some good ones coming but that's 2 seasons down the road. but we need six now.
A realisation on our part is that there needs to be a major clearout.
Not just the Kone,s of our team but many, no most of the forums favourite sons, they are not good enough.
I watched RKs face on Saturday and written on it was what have I done coming here?
I hope I am wrong but fear the worst.

What the actual.

Swerve this utter midget for Gods sake.

Besic loving Clown

Utd badly need to start getting some money back into the coffers. This summer alone, so far, they have spent a quarter of a billion pounds. In the last three seasons it will have been half a billion pounds.

Players are going to leave, they may not be coming to Everton but no club can continue that kind of spending.

I think that if Everton are to make Marquee signings it will be then, at the very end.
Until then, players like Mata, Witsel, Carvalho and others are looking at what is on offer and what suits them best.

With their revenues, the funny thing is they actually can.

If Pogba ends up costing £90m then

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/transfers/wettbewerb/GB1

According to that, they've spent about £158m. I reckon for them that's pretty sustainable. Sure, they might reduce it down by about £50m by selling Mata and one or two others but they're under no pressure to.

With their revenues, the funny thing is they actually can.

If Pogba ends up costing £90m then

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/transfers/wettbewerb/GB1

According to that, they've spent about £158m. I reckon for them that's pretty sustainable. Sure, they might reduce it down by about £50m by selling Mata and one or two others but they're under no pressure to.

United are expected to have turnover in excess of 500m this Year.

Nobody needs to worry about how much United are spending.

They're getting £150million a season from Adidas for 10 years.

It's this that is funding their spending in the main.

The only thing that will damage that is no champions league. If that continues think Adidas would have no choice but to reign in the spending.

They'll have spent close to £160m, which they can afford without any sales. Mourinho will sell to trim the squad. Whether that will include Mata remains to be seen.

They're getting £150million a season from Adidas for 10 years.

It's this that is funding their spending in the main.

The only thing that will damage that is no champions league. If that continues think Adidas would have no choice but to reign in the spending.
What's up with that kopite signature Damo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back