Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has to fight for his place, he will play better in the knowledge that if he just wants to coast through games like he has this season he will lose his place. Competition is everything, as Koeman has said himself.

Coast his way through games, he was top class in the first half until the team exploded

Btw, that Telegraph article is pure jarg.

I like Sam Wallace - he's a sound bloke and a very good writer, but in this case it's merely him / the paper hedging his bets, without any actual inside knowledge of the deal, and it's not exactly well written either.

Joyce and Law are the ones who tend to be more clued up on EFC matters, for future reference.

See Gregg o'keefe just putting all the names being linked down to agents stirring it up

I'm not saying he's lying, but O'Keefe isn't as sourced as he once was.

He had good contacts, but since he moved up at the Echo they have dried up and he and the Echo have literally had no idea about anything since Moshiri joined - including the Koeman deal - until after the fact.

@The Esk mentioned Mata as a main target two or three weeks ago. He's been the most reliable source on everything we've had since Moshiri joined.

Also the Barkley vs Mata chat needs to stop

Koeman has had his say on Barkley, he'll stay in the side.

So it's either Barkley deeper or Mata out wide in the Pienaar role.

Not one or the other behind the striker

Also the Barkley vs Mata chat needs to stop

Koeman has had his say on Barkley, he'll stay in the side.

So it's either Barkley deeper or Mata out wide in the Pienaar role.

Not one or the other behind the striker

From what ive read, Mata is a terrible player on the wing and it would be a major mistake, time will tell I suppose.

From what ive read, Mata is a terrible player on the wing and it would be a major mistake, time will tell I suppose.
Aye I didn't mean on the wing, just further wide than Barkley in a 4231 possibly.

But Barkley was always gonna end up as an out and out centre mid so can see Koeman taking the leap and dropping him back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back