Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH I wouldn't be that arsed. He's a known quantity - not a worldbeater, just a decent player. His first season at Chelsea flattered him and makes people think he's much better than he really is. Not worth more than £10-12m imo.
Fishing_1.jpg

It's not just that one. We played hardball with him over Stones, and that deal not happening probably put paid to his tenure at Chelsea. Add in Woodwards warm feelings towards us and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they didn't want to hand Mata to us for a bargain £20m
good points about Jose and Woodward having been categorically told to go away. it must be quite hard to not have a bit of spite when we come wanting to buy from them. then I guess you can't be spiteful if there is £20 MILLION or more coming in. it's not small change is it.

?

I remain to be convinced of its imminence.

Which is why I said "For what it's worth (probably not much)". And this isn't the only one. Though admittedly, I've gone down some Twitter rabbit holes (thanks, Tweetdeck). I think the reason I brought it up is because most supporters for a club generally deny that their good players are departing. I simply find the significant amount of noise among their supporters that the Mata to Everton link has legs/is imminent to be interesting--if not necessarily compelling at this point.

I've heard mention multiple times now that Mata is all but done, but that Mourinho will wait until after the China tour, that would put it at 2 weeks from today. If true, thats plenty of time to fume

You don't know that they don't have an issue & whislt I think ultimately they will sell to us.

I'm sure they would much rather sell him abroad if the numbers were the same

That's true mate, but like you said, the numbers would have to be the same.

It's already been stated in the Spanish press that Valencia can't afford him as they've bought Nani - unless a deal for Gomes goes through quickly.

I can't see Simeone wanting him, and I can't see Mata going anywhere else in Spain. PSG may have been an option, but I can't see Emery going for him either...

He's by all accounts very settled in the area as well, so, I do think we are, at the moment, in pole position.

Until Napoli come calling, mind...

That's true mate, but like you said, the numbers would have to be the same.

It's already been stated in the Spanish press that Valencia can't afford him as they've bought Nani - unless a deal for Gomes goes through quickly.

I can't see Simeone wanting him, and I can't see Mata going anywhere else in Spain. PSG may have been an option, but I can't see Emery going for him either...

He's by all accounts very settled in the area as well, so, I do think we are, at the moment, in pole position.

Until Napoli come calling, mind...
Yes very strange the Everton Napoli dynamic developing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back