Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Based on wholly incorrect information, yes.

Esk never claimed Mata was ours - at all.

He has said that we entered preliminary discussions and that Mata was a target, and that was widely reported as well a few days later.

Not once did he claim we would definitely sign him - he said in his opinion he thought it was likely.

We'll see how this one plays out. It's one that could drag on until the end of the window and sometimes that's just how it works.

I don't think Mata wants to go and they know no one will match his 175k wages but Mourinho will force him out.

It started Sunday, he'll be gone soon.

He has said that we entered preliminary discussions and that Mata was a target, and that was widely reported as well a few days later.

Not once did he claim we would definitely sign him - he said in his opinion he thought it was likely.

We'll see how this one plays out. It's one that could drag on until the end of the window and sometimes that's just how it works.

He intimated many times that it was virtually done.

I may be mistaken, but I am absolutely certain he alluded to a deal having been struck and him joining us within a week or so. Anyway, if we sign him by end of the window I'll be delighted.

He intimated many times that it was virtually done.

He said he has believed it to be close/expected progress (not completion) a few times - there's a difference.

Different people are saying different things. Some are claiming United have accepted offers, others are saying he's not for sale. Some are saying personal terms agreed, others saying we (or any other sides) haven't got close.

Truth is really nobody knows for sure on this one. But anyone who does share information they have ends up getting vilified either way in the end :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back