Justified?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, I have stated since I saw the team sheet against the ****e, Moyes would only be justified in his team choice if we made it to the semi final so what do you all think? Was he right? For me it is a big fin yes....:lol:

But, the RS have made it to the same game without resting their players.

The RS have put in 2 very tired lacklustre performances loosing against qpr and Wigan. The qpr players openly came out and said they visibly noticed Liverpool tire and were there for the taking! It's no coincidence!

We also chased shadows for a full 45 mins against spurs days prior to the derby, never mind the games that were on the horizon.

Finally there's nothing to say that we would of beaten both Liverpool and Sunderland (1st game) had he picked strongest side.

It's really time to get over the derby selection. It wasn't good but it wasn't as bad as some make out! End goal was that we got to wembley which we did, now with a chance of a trophy and hopefully 1 win away from Europe.

Do any of you really think Liverpool will have took a physiological advantage out of that win against a massively weakened team?? No they won't is the answer! If they had beat our first 11 a few weeks before the semi... That would be worse!

Ultimately it was justified I suppose although I was spitting feathers over it for a week. The end result is we made the semis.

It was ill-advised and poorly judged though and he didn't offer anything by way of an apology for the performance or selection whatsoever which smacks of huge arrogance.

As for the people saying 'it was only a league game' and 'do you get more points for a derby?' etc I'm sure you guys aren't from Liverpool and therefore don't fully understand the personal ramifications of a derby humiliation so I suppose your ignorance should be excused.

Ultimately it was justified I suppose although I was spitting feathers over it for a week. The end result is we made the semis.

It was ill-advised and poorly judged though and he didn't offer anything by way of an apology for the performance or selection whatsoever which smacks of huge arrogance.

As for the people saying 'it was only a league game' and 'do you get more points for a derby?' etc I'm sure you guys aren't from Liverpool and therefore don't fully understand the personal ramifications of a derby humiliation so I suppose your ignorance should be excused.

Your right, my postcode begins with CH, so clearly I dont know any Kopites, well apart from 70% of my family and around 50% of my mates.

But I guess you need to live IN DA CITY lad.

So, do you actually get more points for a Derby win?

And stop me if im wrong, but surely it was only a League game?

Over to you, "Jimbo2011".

Your right, my postcode begins with CH, so clearly I dont know any Kopites, well apart from 70% of my family and around 50% of my mates.

But I guess you need to live IN DA CITY lad.

So, do you actually get more points for a Derby win?

And stop me if im wrong, but surely it was only a League game?

Over to you, "Jimbo2011".

I'd have gone with something along the lines of.....

"We've had a hoodoo there for far too long, we had a bit of form before that night, and have had some solid form after it. Would you have it all turned around and be out of the cup and say 14th in the league just to have won that night?
Could that night just have been one of those days at the office? I know it doesn't make it hurt any less, but every side throws a really sh!t performance in now and then. Every side, even great sides - and being honest we're a solid side at the minute but a far distance away from being anything like great.
I'll take a league defeat away and a moral victory at home (because of the cheating) and an all out death or glory tie in the Semi at Wembley. There is a side sat top of the league at the minute that have taken more points from us in the prem era than any other side ever. EVER. I'm not happy we go there and 99% of the time (bit of artistic licence) lose like dogs, but i'm not going to burn my house down as and when we do go along in a few weeks and possibly lose again. Its when, against the odds, and with say a fourth place riding on it that we turn up and Duncan gets a headed winner against them that makes it all the more memorable, all the sweeter and just adds another chapter to the many that builds character for all Blues nowadays. Triumph through adversity, whether that be financial, the old boy network, or damn stupidity. We come back for more not because it's easy, but because we know its right and when the tide turns and the mersey is full royal blue it is the lows that make the highs the sweetest possible tasting."

If we beat the ****e then yes it was the right decision, we'll have got revenge and reached the final! however if we get beat.. it'll be a completely different story to me and the majority of other fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back