Transfer Rumour Keane Lewis-Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the obligatory YouTube comp. Can see the shouts on 2nd striker role as seems where most of his goals came from. Scores a lot of headers considering not a big lad. Definitely the type of player (I.e. Young, unrealised potential) we need to start buying. With the goals he scored I can see why the quoted price tag is high, this is unfortunately the dilemma of him being a proven first team player - it doesn't feel cheap, the risk seems high but this is inflation for you. I guess we could look for his equivalent another level down and shave the cost significantly, but then the jump is so vast. I think I'm OK with this type of signing as long as the player I bought to fit our planned system rather than just collecting a highly rated youngster for the sake of it.

Just watched the obligatory YouTube comp. Can see the shouts on 2nd striker role as seems where most of his goals came from. Scores a lot of headers considering not a big lad. Definitely the type of player (I.e. Young, unrealised potential) we need to start buying. With the goals he scored I can see why the quoted price tag is high, this is unfortunately the dilemma of him being a proven first team player - it doesn't feel cheap, the risk seems high but this is inflation for you. I guess we could look for his equivalent another level down and shave the cost significantly, but then the jump is so vast. I think I'm OK with this type of signing as long as the player I bought to fit our planned system rather than just collecting a highly rated youngster for the sake of it.

I think the system we use should have Dele there...bring in KLP and we have them both compeiting for a position.

Not gonna pretend like I know anything about the lad but looking in the Championship for bright young players is something we should've been doing with years. It'd be very weird for Hull to expect big money too so hopefully it's just a case of the structure of the deal and not the fee that'd hold it up.

You can also not insult clubs though.

I think that's probably true. There is a fine line between being weak in a negotiation and being credible.

3.5m down feels it lacks any credibility, and honestly from experience people just lose respect for you and become entrenched. You can negotiate and haggle, but there has to be some good will there to get to a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back