Transfer Rumour Keane Lewis-Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
….I notice when he scored for England he ran straight to Gordon despite the cross coming in from the other wing. It might mean nothing but they could be friendly if they have been talking about a move. It does happen, I remember seeing Haaland & Foden in lengthy conversation after they played against each other some time ago & thought then he could be on his way to City.

I think that's probably true. There is a fine line between being weak in a negotiation and being credible.

3.5m down feels it lacks any credibility, and honestly from experience people just lose respect for you and become entrenched. You can negotiate and haggle, but there has to be some good will there to get to a deal.
It's also in the context of the owner's comments about him - we know how they value him highly. He called him 'God's gift' FFS. Delusional clearly, but we're obviously going to have to increase that up front money.

I also wonder if that's at all indicative of our budget until we bank Kean money or make a big sale. I had hoped we would have some wiggle room with all of the wages coming off the books, but maybe not yet.

Why? I dont see that.

Because Zat we aren't signing a player as a starter who plays pretty much the same position as Richy without Richy being offski.

Especially as the lads other position is one a. We are unlikely to play and b. We already have Deli who plays there if we did.

If we sign the likes of KLP then it's as a replacement for Richy, maybe not direct positionally, bit in the 'forward' lineup it essentially is.

As a side note, I wonder if we do decide to bring in potential rather than the usual route we've done, if Dele is gonna be tasked with being one if the senior figures to see if giving him actual responsibility to others maybe focuses him.

Think it's far from a bad idea actually.

….I notice when he scored for England he ran straight to Gordon despite the cross coming in from the other wing. It might mean nothing but they could be friendly if they have been talking about a move. It does happen, I remember seeing Haaland & Foden in lengthy conversation after they played against each other some time ago & thought then he could be on his way to City.

Lee Carsley his manager there too.

Because Zat we aren't signing a player as a starter who plays pretty much the same position as Richy without Richy being offski.

Especially as the lads other position is one a. We are unlikely to play and b. We already have Deli who plays there if we did.

If we sign the likes of KLP then it's as a replacement for Richy, maybe not direct positionally, bit in the 'forward' lineup it essentially is.

As a side note, I wonder if we do decide to bring in potential rather than the usual route we've done, if Dele is gonna be tasked with being one if the senior figures to see if giving him actual responsibility to others maybe focuses him.

Think it's far from a bad idea actually.

Strangely it's sort of a selling point for the player too.

If hes switched on, he will want to know he can play. Our sales pitch is that weve taken a lad from Watford at a similar age and just sold him on to a CL team. Theres now a gap and we need a filled.

…I think he has only got a year left on his contract. If so, that seems high to me. I agree with it being stacked with add-ons but I would have a ceiling of £17m.

Hes got 2 mate. Or 1 year but the club have the option of another 1 year option, so essentially 2.

In that instance, I still think they hold some cards.

I agree with you, that if it were 12 months, we would be able to strike a much harder bargain.

Hes got 2 mate. Or 1 year but the club have the option of another 1 year option, so essentially 2.

In that instance, I still think they hold some cards.

I agree with you, that if it were 12 months, we would be able to strike a much harder bargain.

…cheers, and I suppose they could demand a fee even if his contract was up because he came through their Academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back