Keith Harris appointed to the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that Keith Harris is incredibly experienced in negotiations at a number of different levels and with a variety of people. this could be the skill we are looking at utilising. He has lots of contacts in world football and has very recently been successful in carrying out Moshiri's wishes. Could this be the result of the Summers failings?

According to @theesk he advised Kenwright on the sale not Moshiri.

His contacts didnt help us out when he tried to get a man in a bedsit to invest in the club

A very strange move and definitely not a good one. Another nail in the coffin, in my opinion, that Moshiri's actually going to be taking us forward in a big way.

I have to say the unbridled optimism and feel good factor that abounded in March has largely evaporated.

Rom missing the penno versus Hammers and Niasse coming on as sub were twin harbingers of what was to come.

Even the one High since then, the Chelsea cup tie, had its farcical "Everton, that" moment when Bill gushed "what a manager" o_O

Arsenal at home soon brought us back to earth and here we are at the end of October riding a five game winless streak :pint2:

How Everton is that.

It's an absolute joke.

Some fella rocks up and we're being told that nothing will ever be the same again.

Next thing, we're selling England's brightest prospects to fund our transfer activity and still end up turning a profit.
Then all the failures that have hung around the club for the past decade like a bad smell are being promoted to board members, whilst the biggest fraud of all, 'I got pissed on in the Boy's Pen' Bill is still a central figure.

This club is doomed to constant failure until we're completely gutted of the lot of the parasites.
Language.......:coffee:

to be honest my frame of mind these days is very much this. Although people more informed have version of events that are not public, i have stopped caring about that. I care only about what i see as an average fan, and it doesn't look any different.

In fact bar buying the club, the only difference between moshiri and kenwright is the cladding. Genuinely nothing has changed otherwise, still the same 12 months we are used to having as a blue coming back round again. The transfer rumours will start up again soon, before we sign someone crap on deadline day as per usual and within 3 months we will get some big story talking about spending money and stuff before we go through it all over again, sell rom, sign players with the money and then back to this position.

If we weren't blues then we would laugh surely?

The only possible logic for Harris to be brought on is his experience of Wembley were he was a Director from 2001 to 2007 during the building of the new stadium.

Er, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Wembley project over run on both time and budget ?
If I'm correct, those are not good omens.

David Dein would have been a much more enthusing appointment ?

The only possible logic for Harris to be brought on is his experience of Wembley were he was a Director from 2001 to 2007 during the building of the new stadium.

Couldn't they just arrange some consultancy role and have him feed in his experience that way?

this website should be called grandoldmoaningbastards!

do any of you lot moaning even know details of his past history or are you just going off snippets you've read in the echo or some other rag?

no one on here knows what his actual role is going to be or how influential he will be!

Moshiri has decided to bring him in so we should just trust his judgement (let's be honest he has been good for us so far) and get behind him & the club!

I think whether it was Keith Harris or Usmanov joining the clubthough, this board would still be full of people moaning!

do any of you lot moaning even know details of his past history or are you just going off snippets you've read in the echo or some other rag?

no one on here knows what his actual role is going to be or how influential he will be!

Moshiri has decided to bring him in so we should just trust his judgement (let's be honest he has been good for us so far) and get behind him & the club!

I think whether it was Keith Harris or Usmanov joining the clubthough, this board would still be full of people moaning!
to be fair......

moshiri's judgement was giving kenwright and elstone transfer negotiation duty and they apparently failed to sign anyone.

So.....hardly filling anyone with confidence.

Methinks it's fair to say that if Alisher Usmanov had been announced, the worlds biggest football-related street party would be taking place already in the vicinity of Goodison Park and @tommye would be posting photos ;)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back