Keith Harris appointed to the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only possible logic for Harris to be brought on is his experience of Wembley were he was a Director from 2001 to 2007 during the building of the new stadium.

That's the way I see it.

Some on Twitter claim he is responsible for Everton being introduce to a man in a bedsit in Manchester as a potential investor. Do you know if there is any truth to this?

Also, on a bit of a tangent, it's claimed Kenwright turned down Mansour and the QIA. Any truth to this in your opinion?

Enough said...
Orville-the-Duck-speechless.jpg
Unbelievable!

A lot of knee jerking going on in here. Nobody here has any idea why he has been brought in to the board. Just wait and see what happens. If it turns out badly then have a moan and if it turns out great then have a moan anyway lol

That's the way I see it.

Some on Twitter claim he is responsible for Everton being introduce to a man in a bedsit in Manchester as a potential investor. Do you know if there is any truth to this?

Also, on a bit of a tangent, it's claimed Kenwright turned down Mansour and the QIA. Any truth to this in your opinion?

From the Kenwright transcript and never disputed

Simon, “Can I just get back to Keith Harris? You’ve said that Keith Harris has been involved in attempts to sell the club but Robert Elstone, at the public inquiry, stated that Keith Harris wasn’t involved in the selling the club, which is it?Bill, “Of course Keith Harris is involved….Keith Harris is involved on a daily basis.

Bill went on to tell a story concerning Keith Harris; he’d put forward two guys who, in his opinion, were suitable potential owners of Everton Football Club. Harris claimed the two guys controlled a hedge fund; one was the head of ICI in the Far East and a second an inventor. They conducted due diligence and Everton were ready to sign an agreement when Bill smelt a rat; investigators discovered that ICI had never heard of the person concerned, he actually lived in one bedroom flat, and the second guy, the inventor, was based in Manchester.

From wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_R._Harris

"Dr Harris has advised on hundreds of debt and equity issues ..."

and ...

"Harris has been publicly associated with a number of ultra high-net-worth clients. These clients include Roman Abramovich of Russia, former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra of Thailand, American billionaire, Randy Lerner, and Mohamed Fayed,[6] owner of Fulham football club and former owner of Harrods (sold to Qatari investors)."

and, amusingly

"In October of 2016, Harris was appointed to the board of Everton FC.[10], At time of writing it is unknown if Dr Harris will be accompanyed by the green duck and orange monkey."

I'd say the former is the most important here.

I don't know much about EFC's boardroom politics but the manager and Moshiri said we needed to strengthen and remained anxious to do so after Bolasie signed - it didn't happen. It's a fair assumption then that the board/those responsible for supporting the manager/Moshiri's ambition let the club down.

After the window I said I'd have expected change to ensure this doesn't happen again. Any chance this is part of that change?

I think we need to give Moshiri a bit more time before being so conclusively condemning - likewise, we shouldn't be so quick to praise and get carried away.
Here's my question though: if both Koeman and Walsh were successfully pursued, and the apparently imminent announcement of a dock stadium scheme is in the pipeline, how did the easier task of signing players go west on his watch?

Cheers mate.
Total speculation based on the square root of jack, but I wonder if this is an indicator that the options for at least JW/AA are to be exercised shortly.

Yes, I made similar comments on twitter earlier.

Seems to me that his appointment is further confirmation we are going ahead with the new stadium at BM (he was there 2 weeks ago)

Yes, I made similar comments on twitter earlier.

Seems to me that his appointment is further confirmation we are going ahead with the new stadium at BM (he was there 2 weeks ago)
Don't view twitter very often, so no plagiarism.
Think the first that will be heard is possibly the club's official website. Registry currently 10 days behind on IoM.
Bit of a strange appointment imho.

Here's my question though: if both Koeman and Walsh were successfully pursued, and the apparently imminent announcement of a dock stadium scheme is in the pipeline, how did the easier task of signing players go west on his watch?

Whose watch?

Moshiri?

No idea. I recall saying on here about it being interesting how Moshiri was quick to emphasize who was responsible for concluding transfers though;

In a statement to Sky Sports News, Moshiri said: “We are very pleased about today’s signing but remain anxious to further strengthen the squad.

The chairman is relentlessly pushing things forward with my total support for him, Steve Walsh and Ronald Koeman”.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/2016/08/15/moshiri-everton-transfers/

Completely seperate issues aren't they? We were able to throw our money around to take Koeman/Walsh & to secure the BM site (hopefully), and without much competition.

By all accounts we tried to throw our money around to make big name signings but competition is much stronger in player recruitment. I think we underestimated how difficult it would be to sell the club to players.

Whose watch?

Moshiri?

No idea. I recall saying on here about it being interesting how Moshiri was quick to emphasize who was responsible for concluding transfers though;

In a statement to Sky Sports News, Moshiri said: “We are very pleased about today’s signing but remain anxious to further strengthen the squad.

The chairman is relentlessly pushing things forward with my total support for him, Steve Walsh and Ronald Koeman”.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/2016/08/15/moshiri-everton-transfers/

He also contacted White suggesting he was in charge by stating he made a decision to retain McCarthy and so pulled the plug on Sissoko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.