Keith Harris appointed to the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough said...
Orville-the-Duck-speechless.jpg

I would have have been happier if Orville had joined but that bird has already flown....

No he can't

Yes he can!

No he can't

Yes he can!

...Sorry I will get back in my padded cell and shut up! :blush:

Here's my question though: if both Koeman and Walsh were successfully pursued, and the apparently imminent announcement of a dock stadium scheme is in the pipeline, how did the easier task of signing players go west on his watch?

Probably the same issue that united had with Woodward; you could put it down to a learning curve and I'd expect to addressed in the next window.

If it's a shambles then I'd be a bit more concerned

Completely seperate issues aren't they? We were able to throw our money around to take Koeman/Walsh & to secure the BM site (hopefully), and without much competition.

By all accounts we tried to throw our money around to make big name signings but competition is much stronger in player recruitment. I think we underestimated how difficult it would be to sell the club to players.
I think persuading players is largely also about throwing money at it.

Probably the same issue that united had with Woodward; you could put it down to a learning curve and I'd expect to addressed in the next window.

If it's a shambles then I'd be a bit more concerned
Maybe it's a learning curve that Moshiri needs to take on board too?

I think persuading players is largely also about throwing money at it.

To a point, but obviously there's alot of variables (champions league football, location etc.)

And Financial Fair Play constraints.

Summer recruitment was a botch up, no doubt about it but i'm still convinced of Moshiri's intentions. We are going in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back