Keith Harris appointed to the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all, whatever piece he was replying to was met with what the screenshot says. I'm just trying to understand why the article from 2011 from Prentice carries weight, when that was presumably from a period of time that helped him formulate his opinion on him as a journalist or as he would say 'hack'

Just like consistency.
mate it is like giving me a vaping article, that is what i meant. Very bias response.

Not like davek would take any critique about martinez seriously when he got himself banned for his undying defence of the man?

not saying anything about prentice, just pointing out davek's response is clearly bias.

What a f***ing mess this all is. Bill if filling the board with his pals....

It's pretty obvious to me now the more time passes. we've not been taken over at all. everything that's gone in since Moshiri came proves Bill is still well in charge and it's all just bulls**t.

Everything has been just to bizzare, from 49% to the summer transfer window to board appointmemts

He's had our kecks down again and me included have taken it hook line....

We will only get rid of bill an his cronys once he's dead...

The sooner the better in my eyes. not intrested what people think. He'll never leave till in a box..........so tatar
Starting to think this is possible.

Historically BK has used this ploy before - Gregg, Samuelson, Earl, Green...is Moshiri next in the line?

mate it is like giving me a vaping article, that is what i meant. Very bias response.

Not like davek would take any critique about martinez seriously when he got himself banned for his undying defence of the man?

not saying anything about prentice, just pointing out davek's response is clearly bias.
Oh right, tallies with what I was saying, this Harris thing stinks to me, but I'm looking for consistency.

I'm just interested, both heavily linked to Manchester United, I once referenced a quote from SAF and I'll be honest your reply was a bit of a disgrace, yet David Gill (seemingly a bit of a liar) via David Prentice is 100% bang on.

Seems all over the place to me.
I think there's more than Gill who thinks Harris is a bit of a spoof in the industry.

ffs, no need for that.

actually wishing our Chairman dead is about as low as I've seen on here.
I dont think that was what was being said though. Sharpy stated the likely circumstances BK would no longer have influence here, not that he wished for that outcome.

He's a rent a quote. Came up trumps for BK when the BU people were getting traction in the media. Job done. Now he gets a reward - or so it would seem.

aye, it's also the other jobs he's had...working with yer Al-Fayeds, Thaksins and Randy Lerners. Doesn't inspire confidence he's gonna help Everton become a success.

Starting to think this is possible.

Historically BK has used this ploy before - Gregg, Samuelson, Earl, Green...is Moshiri next in the line?

Some of the more enthusiastic pro-moshers may have some tidy egg to clean off their faces.

I voted "not sure" in the original poll, but not spending until we sold Stones edged me towards the pessimist camp. As you may remember I didn't mind Bill when it was known he was running things, but we've been led to believe things have changed.

Maybe the focus is all-in on the new stadium, so we'd expect the next two transfer windows will similarly end up about evens. Clean profits once the new stadium is up 'n running will likely end up in suit pockets.

I've seen similar things happen in my work: smaller companies struggling with staffing resources get sold to an investment company, the now-subsidiaries move to a new site which will bring in more revenue but the staffing issues remain which means the smaller company can't grow, yet the issues aren't drastic enough to actually lose projects (i.e. get relegated). The extra revenues go into the pockets of those who invested.

I suppose it's a universal practice.

I'll trust in Moshiri until it is shown that my trust is unfounded. Whilst Harris' appointment doesn't inspire confidence at all (it looks like cronyism), I'll reserve judgement for now as to its impact, if any.

Ultimately if Moshiri delivers nothing but a delicious new dockside stadium then I'll regard him as an unqualified success. If he believes Harris can be an asset towards the delivery of that, so be it. I will happily swallow my misgivings if that's the case.

It seems this (new stadium) is his priority anyway. If Moshiri ultimately leaves us in a stronger position more attractive to someone else with deeper pockets, then mission accomplished.

After an era of stagnation, we are going through a transition period so I guess we will have to take the rough with the smooth. Based on nothing other than a hunch, my gut feeling is that Moshiri will be at Everton for no longer than a decade, and we will be ripe for a further takeover in the wake of a new stadium being delivered. That's fine for me, after the years of the Kenwright inertia.

At the very least, we live in interesting times as far as Everton is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back