Keith Harris appointed to the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not saying this is a good thing, but I do like consistency.

Dave Prentice: Keith Harris – a man whose modus operandi is nothing to write home about

“I’VE got a new buyer for the Reds,” said Seymour Pierce consultant Keith Harris exactly two years ago this week.

He hadn’t.

Two years earlier he declared: “As regards the sale of Everton, there are certainly grounds for optimism. It’s a terrific club.”

We’re still waiting.

There has to be a more efficient way of selling a football club than using a man who immediately makes you think of a duck.

The tale related by the Blue Union’s meeting with Bill Kenwright last week simply underlines that fact.

Here’s a snippet: Bill, “Of course Keith Harris is involved….Keith Harris is involved on a daily basis.

Bill went on to tell a story concerning Keith Harris; he’d put forward two guys who, in his opinion, were suitable potential owners of Everton Football Club.

Harris claimed the two guys controlled a hedge fund; one was the head of ICI in the Far East and a second an inventor.

They conducted due diligence and Everton were ready to sign an agreement when Bill smelt a rat; investigators discovered that ICI had never heard of the person concerned, he actually lived in a one bedroom flat, and the second guy, the inventor, was based in Manchester.

That brings to mind a quote I’ve used on this page before, but it bears repeating. It was uttered by Manchester United chief executive David Gill.

“Keith Harris will go anywhere that there’s a bit of publicity around. That’s his modus operandi, but his track record in football isn’t anything to write home about.”

So why is he still being used by Everton?

So I to assume that the article from above is 100% bang on but the the screen shot from below is from a time when his work was only worthy of a 'LOL'

I'm confused.

IMG_0002.webp

So have we collectively decided this is terrible news? I know next to zero about the man other than what I've read very quickly read this afternoon.

The fella's been around, some things have gone well some not so well.

Not a dynamic appointment by any means, but optimistically you could say it's a safe appointment as he's qualified and experienced enough to provide competent input, especially to the new stadium project.

So I to assume that the article from above is 100% bang on but the the screen shot from below is from a time when his work was only worthy of a 'LOL'

I'm confused.

View attachment 30411

Davek and a martinez critical thread as means to try and prove whatever point you were?

bit bias to be fair lol

I'm confused.

View attachment 30411
Prentice is not the person quoted for effect. David Gill is. Maybe you didn't read the piece?

*sigh*

Davek and a martinez critical thread as means to try and prove whatever point you were?

bit bias to be fair lol
Not at all, whatever piece he was replying to was met with what the screenshot says. I'm just trying to understand why the article from 2011 from Prentice carries weight, when that was presumably from a period of time that helped him formulate his opinion on him as a journalist or as he would say 'hack'

Just like consistency.

How did SAF get into this?!
I'm just interested, both heavily linked to Manchester United, I once referenced a quote from SAF and I'll be honest your reply was a bit of a disgrace, yet David Gill (seemingly a bit of a liar) via David Prentice is 100% bang on.

Seems all over the place to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back