Kenwright vows to back moyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need a carsley replacement. Can't think who at the minute, but you're right about the RB situation.

It's difficult to say about other positions, because if everyone is fit, and playing at their best, we could beat anyone three or four nil. We can play with stout and intelligent defending, a mobile and silkily skilled midfield and an on target striker, so if those performances can be drawn out of the current team regularly, we will only need cover.

i have a player in my mind that could do the job for us long term in midfield in my opinion, but its not a nice choice.

so...

pick a player out of the 19 other clubs in the league who you would have in our squad

arsenal
man ure
chelsea
everton
the [Poor language removed]
villa
city
pompey
blackburn
west ham
spuds
boro
toon
sunderland
bolton
wigan
brum
reading
fulham
derby

At the risk of getting in trouble on here ,I would happily pay a extra £10-£25 admission money per game if it went on buying players,but not if it got swallowed up by Bully as his commission or any other part of the day to day running of the club.I realise that for a lot of guys who take a couple of kids to the match ,that this would be too expensive so there should be a discount for anyone buying two or more season tickets .I will be getting two season tickets from next season and realise we have to encourage the kids to attend matches so its a fine line to tread but if we want to step up we will have to some how pay for it

At the risk of getting in trouble on here ,I would happily pay a extra £10-£25 admission money per game if it went on buying players,but not if it got swallowed up by Bully as his commission or any other part of the day to day running of the club.I realise that for a lot of guys who take a couple of kids to the match ,that this would be too expensive so there should be a discount for anyone buying two or more season tickets .I will be getting two season tickets from next season and realise we have to encourage the kids to attend matches so its a fine line to tread but if we want to step up we will have to some how pay for it

So how is Bully going to pay these extra top flight wages? I think he has done a great job with our finances up to now, far better than those before him.

Chelsea is a good example I am interested to see what would happen if there owner decide to let go his ownership in the near future, what would happen to them?

The best example of quick success got to be Newcastle, they are willing to spend money but what ever they buy is either injure prone or players that don't play well together, I honestly felt a bit sorry for them and it was certainly stupid to let Big Sam go, I hope this one would stay a bit longer.

I am a firm believer of foundation build up on the strength of the squad, and they way things has happen during the 90s' and up to Moyes take over, we have been playing to still up in the Premiership, and 5 years since Moyes has taken over we are finally building a squad capable of winning things, and I certainly looks forward to who we could bring in during summer to make our squad stronger.

I don't think he'll pack his bags for a while, but I can't imagine many of these oligarchs can rest easy. Badri Patarkatsishvili 'died' this week, apparently of natural causes. Mikhail Khodorkovsky is exiled in a Siberian gulag. Abramovich seems well in with Putin, unlike some of his fellow oligarchs. Should things change however.

i have a player in my mind that could do the job for us long term in midfield in my opinion, but its not a nice choice.

so...

pick a player out of the 19 other clubs in the league who you would have in our squad

Fabregas
Hargreaves
Mikel
Mashcerano
Barry
???
Muntari
Pedersen
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
???
Bullard
???

there we go.

If i could take any player in the world right now it'd be Anthony Vanden Borre. 20 Years of age, hes a quality right back who can play in other positions aswell as backup. If we could get him for around 7.5-10 i think it'd be a great signing. A couple of years ago i would have sed this is far too much money, but if we want to stay in he top 4, we need quality signings. Also would like Micheal Bradley and another Creative midfielder, Arshavin possibly :)

arsenal - fabregas
man ure - anderson or ronaldo
chelsea - mikel
everton - hibbert
the [Poor language removed] - mascherano or torres
villa - barry
city - richards
pompey - defoe
blackburn - pederson
west ham -
spuds - lennon
boro - downing
toon - noone
sunderland - noone
bolton - nolan
wigan - kilbane
brum - mcfadden ;)
reading - dno
fulham -bullard
derby - stubbs

If i could take any player in the world right now it'd be Anthony Vanden Borre. 20 Years of age, hes a quality right back who can play in other positions aswell as backup.

good shout, plays for Fiorentina now so we might be able to have a look at him.

we have had two summers of breaking our transfer record (AJ, then yak), added too the january signing of what was then the record when we signed beattie.

progressively we have increased player spending, can we keep going or will we plateau?

one of the hurdles as i see it is that moyes could be a victim of his own success, when it is leaked that he is interested in signing a player how often are expecting to be gazumped? who might now move for ledley or bradley for instance.

we saw what happened with fernandes, could moyes go back and try for gonzales?

obviously the higher profile euro games will help us to register on players and agents radar. euro coefficient finally being above ipswich's and leeds will be nice for euro fixture draws.

looking at the squad where are we actually desperate for a player?

I agree to an extent mate, what really blew me away last season though was not what we spent put our transfer strategy!

Fair to say some of us and i include myself here, would have been happy if we signed Koumas and Nugent. Now as we know this was never the case and our reported intrest in the two drove up the two transfer fees to what 6 million each. Did anyone else noticed that none of the intrest was denied, while all the time we were working on bigger and better signings. Sox months later these two are no where and Wigan and Pompey both blew potloads on basicly what have turned into squad players. How good was our use of then as decos though and pursue our real targets on the sly, while the press went to town on the Nugent spotted on Merseyside links!

Yeah we were gazumped on Fernandes but it would be hard to deny an intrest in him seeing as he played for us for six months. Besides i think what many people forget is that Manny was our second chilce behind Gonzalas, so form that point of view he couldnt have had really warm fluffy feelings about us at the time!

Spending at the level we did last year surprised us all with many of us thinking we didnt have a pot to piss in. Lets hope that the bored have seen what prudent investment can acheive and continue to support the manager realisticly in terms of progress.

But leave the poor bunnies alone!

From skysports.com

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright has vowed to back David Moyes in the transfer market if they qualify for the UEFA Champions League.

The Toffees are on track to qualify for the lucrative Champions League as they currently sit in fourth spot in the Premier League.

Moyes has called on the club's chiefs to provide him with substantial funds to build on his success and Kenwright says money will be made available to Moyes if they can reach the Champions League.

"Of course, that is where we all want to be, playing the big club," said Kenwright. "If David gets us into the Champions League I will be crying tears of joy.

Millions
"And at the back of my head I'll be thinking money, money - millions. Why? To give it to David to spend.

"We haven't got the same resources. Spurs spent £16million in just one day last month.

"What we've always done, and David would be the first to say this, is try to give him what he wants each close season - by pulling at least one rabbit out of the hat."

Lets hope he's still not waiting for the sports fortress funds to come through!!

Champions league or not, the manager should get the full backing of the moneymen. For the fantastic job he's done at our great club.
Bill for the love of god..shut the hell up..please you old ham

Every team needs someone like Carsley and off the top of my head i cant think of anyone who'd do that sort of roll for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back