Kenwright vows to back moyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
hargreaves
silva (arsenal)
mascherano (my choice - he is international)
obi mikel

plenty out there, its finding the right character, to fit in with the squad.

carsley's generally had a very good season, but he ain't getting any younger. ideally a younger, more athletic, more technically gifted player could be brought in this summer to push carsley for his place & once established in the team, relegate carsley to the bench to provide cover. as suitsblue posted, there are suitable players, it's a matter of identifying & signing the right one.

hargreaves
silva (arsenal)
mascherano (my choice - he is international)
obi mikel

plenty out there, its finding the right character, to fit in with the squad.

Yep, plenty out there. No doubting the quality of any of those players.

I find it a bit interesting though that you didn't mention the price of any of those you listed above.

Could it be because that every one of those players is out of our price range, in both transfer fees and wages they'd demand?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have any one of those. But if we're being realistic, Carsley's doing the job for the amount he cost and what we're paying. When we upgrade that position, it'll probably in the same vein that Moyes has upgraded most of our other positions. Player on the cheap from the lower leagues, a diamond in the rough, one overlooked by the moneybags clubs.

Last edited:
17 mill for mascherano, good price in my book. hes the one from them i'd choose.

gonzales was sounded out for around £12.5 mill, how much difference is there in that? 4.5 mill. its a lot of money, but whats actually being bought.

Granted that the prices in the transfer market have gone up substantially over the past years so if we want a proven international at that position, we'll have to pay a large amount to get one.

I just don't see Moyes paying 17M for a top drawer defensive midfielder.

For that position, I could see a "Cahill" or "Lescott" type of buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back