Kevin Campbell RIP SUPER KEV

Genuinely saddened by the news of Super Kev’s passing.
I never met him personally but was always impressed by the way he conducted himself in the media and the stories and pics other people have shared about him over the years showed that he really loved us and our club.

RIP Super Kev and sending love to your family and friends at this difficult time

Genuinely saddened by the news of Super Kev’s passing.
I never met him personally but was always impressed by the way he conducted himself in the media and the stories and pics other people have shared about him over the years showed that he really loved us and our club.

RIP Super Kev and sending love to your family and friends at this difficult time
Well said - agree with every word.

Super Kev's greatest achievement is that he will be remembered as one of the very few players outside of our title- and cup-winning heroes who can stand eye-to-eye with those medalled legends in the Everton pantheon of greats.

In that mythical space, Super Kev has his seat at the banquet table alongside Dixie Dean, Tommy Lawton, Alan Ball, Howard Kendall and all the giants of the past - and he's not one bit out of place. A true legend.

Super Kev's greatest achievement is that he will be remembered as one of the very few players outside of our title- and cup-winning heroes who can stand eye-to-eye with those medalled legends in the Everton pantheon of greats.

In that mythical space, Super Kev has his seat at the banquet table alongside Dixie Dean, Tommy Lawton, Alan Ball, Howard Kendall and all the giants of the past - and he's not one bit out of place. A true legend.
His arrival at the club always reminded me of Andy Gray's years earlier - his goals not only helped lift a struggling team away from trouble (And in Andy Gray's case was a catalyst for the success that followed) but his presence and his character also lit the place up when things were looking bleak.

Honestly, for fans like me, less than 40, this is probably the most devastating loss as an evertonian.
On the pitch he saved us at a dark time for the club. He was also probably the first black hero figure at the club which doesn’t sound like much now but really was a big deal at the time.
After playing, he was a fantastic ambassador for the club, always spoke with genuine affection for the club and the fans.
I can’t do him any justice with these words so I’m going to stop.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back