Kevin Campbell RIP SUPER KEV

Putting aside his herculean efforts to keep our club in the top flight whether it’s stories , vids , photos from mates or random internet videos of him singing or the stuff outside goodison of him soaking up the adulation it certainly illustrates the bloke was an absolute star and almost the exception to the rule in modern football. with time for everyone he encountered , a love for the club and a gentleman to boot.

I’ve had a other fans and even reds message me genuine sympathy and which just shows there isn’t anyone out there with a bad word to say about the fella , that in itself is some eulogy and I hope of some comfort to his family .

RIP Super Kev , legend

Desperately sad news and I echo all the tributes and memories that have been shared on this thread.

I was privileged to see him play many times for Everton including his first game as Everton captain…a landmark day in our history.

My abiding memory is meeting him in one of the Goodison lounges in the first game of the 2013-14 season(Martinez first season) and Everton were playing West Brom. Everything he said and did in that lounge that day was so genuine and heartfelt and he could not have been more accommodating with all supporters including me and my teenage son…the enthusiasm and infectious laugh when talking to him left us feeling a little bit better about life when he moved to another table.
It’s a special type of person who leaves the sort of personal legacy that he did in all the clubs he played for.

RIP Super Kevin Campbell.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back