Kevin Campbell RIP SUPER KEV

All the best.

adjust-bow-tie.gif

😘

The fella I spoke to about Kev when these stories started to come out is one of his very best mates. (A rabid Newcastle fan, hey ho)

He calls me up one time and told me to get down to the pub as there's someone he wants me to meet. Walking in to see Kev there and to spend an evening supping Guinness, eating dinner and talking football with him was just amazing. Oddly enough, it was the same pub I watched him stick the ball in the RS net all those years ago.

For all the hero worship some more recent Everton players get, very few (ok, none of them) hold a candle to Super Kev. He's up there with some of the 80s team for his individual impact on the club.

A hero. Fingers crossed.

The fella I spoke to about Kev when these stories started to come out is one of his very best mates. (A rabid Newcastle fan, hey ho)

He calls me up one time and told me to get down to the pub as there's someone he wants me to meet. Walking in to see Kev there and to spend an evening supping Guinness, eating dinner and talking football with him was just amazing. Oddly enough, it was the same pub I watched him stick the ball in the RS net all those years ago.

For all the hero worship some more recent Everton players get, very few (ok, none of them) hold a candle to Super Kev. He's up there with some of the 80s team for his individual impact on the club.

A hero. Fingers crossed.
In terms of individual impact, I genuinely do not think there's many that are close to him in the past few decades, including some of the 80s side.

We stayed in the PL because of him, and arguably him alone, and history would've been very, very different if it weren't for his goals and such spirited performances.

As the song says too, 'he knew where the net' was. Best wishes Super Kev Campbell.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back