Kevin Campbell RIP SUPER KEV

I wish I had met him, he's one of those people nobody has a bad word for him.
Most Turkish fans stood by him when he left after the abuse he received.
Watched his interviews and he's definitely a half glass full bloke.
Genuinely loves toffee fans and is rather humble about the huge impact he has had on our club.
I really hope he pulls through, there ain't many ex players that everyone respects.
I've had the pleasure of meeting the man twice, and both times he was humble, articulate and displayed a genuine and heart-felt love for the blues.

One of the occasions was the derby when Jagielka scored: he was doing commentary work for BT on the side of the pitch, and took time to come over and chat.

The other was in hospitality at Goodison, and we spoke for at least ten minutes - not rushed or awkward as they often are, but a real, honest conversation.

We mostly talk about greats players as those who win things, and rightly so, but in the modern era I make an exception when it comes to Kev.

We mostly talk about greats players as those who win things, and rightly so, but in the modern era I make an exception when it comes to Kev.
The only other player worthy of the Everton Great tag over the past 30 years is Coleman. Pickford may get there if he stocks around.

Turns my sick when I see people harping on about Cahill or 'Big Dunc.'

Footnotes, at best.

I'll never forget the impact he made for us. Two weeks after we buried our beloved 82 year old Evertonian Mum it was my birthday...a very sad one and my late Dad's birthday too. 27/9/99 and Kevin grabbed the winner to beat the RS. Sure Ma laid on the pass for him too. God Bless You Kevin...a great Evertonian and a true Gentleman.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back