Kevin Campbell RIP SUPER KEV

IMG_7449.webp
IMG_7447.webp
IMG_7446.webp

Absolutely gutted about Super Kev's passing, my first hero was big Dunc, my second was super kev

I started uni in Liverpool in 98 and Kev kept us up that season, I was there at Newcastle away when he scored twice, in that era I was pretty much going home and away and Super Kev was an iconic figure, not just that but I loved seeing his affinity for the blues and how well liked he was as he moved into a media career

Hey big man, what's your name ?

My name is super kev Campbell
I score in a scramble
I know where the f**king net is
And when I walk down the street
All the people I meet say they say

Hey big man what's your name

All together now

My name is SUPER KEV CAMPBELL

Rest in peace Kev, gone too early

Love the blues

If ever a player embraced what it was like to play and represent Everton, it was Super Kev. Yes he had far more success playing for arsenal, but as Bally famously once said, once Everton has touched you…..
He always spoke so passionately about the blues in his media duties, unlike the likes of Hichcliffe and Osman who’d you find it hard to believe ever played for us. But above all else, he was a thoroughly decent bloke, which is a rare commodity amongst modern day footballers and their lifestyles.

If ever a player embraced what it was like to play and represent Everton, it was Super Kev. Yes he had far more success playing for arsenal, but as Bally famously once said, once Everton has touched you…..
He always spoke so passionately about the blues in his media duties, unlike the likes of Hichcliffe and Osman who’d you find it hard to believe ever played for us. But above all else, he was a thoroughly decent bloke, which is a rare commodity amongst modern day footballers and their lifestyles.
Like Andy king born cockney but absolutely loved being an evertonian

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back