Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
A transfer should always go smooth. It is one of the basic requirements of running a football club and I do have to say, our lot seem inept.

"Take me to where the buffalo roam......"

Anyhoo, if Mirallas signs soon, we will all rejoice that the board has pulled off the.............standard football club routine.

Throughout the past we've been frankly horrific at transfers on so many levels and the combination of a 'careful' manager, lack of finance , a 'upstairs' that seem to be clueless and operate a left hand ignoring the right hand policy means we are hardly the poster child of transfer business. You only have to look at Jelavic where we were the only club that wanted him, his agent was the managers brother, the selling club was going bust and the player had done all his could to position himself for the move but despite that we still nearly ballsed it up.

By typing all of the above I suppose I'm not saying the board deserve credit for doing what they should do in terms of the mirallas
deal , I just mean they've done ok and perhaps as much as anything I'm just surprised because its far from par for the course.

Throughout the past we've been frankly horrific at transfers on so many levels and the combination of a 'careful' manager, lack of finance , a 'upstairs' that seem to be clueless and operate a left hand ignoring the right hand policy means we are hardly the poster child of transfer business. You only have to look at Jelavic where we were the only club that wanted him, his agent was the managers brother, the selling club was going bust and the player had done all his could to position himself for the move but despite that we still nearly ballsed it up.

By typing all of the above I suppose I'm not saying the board deserve credit for doing what they should do in terms of the mirallas
deal , I just mean they've done ok and perhaps as much as anything I'm just surprised because its far from par for the course.

Sheedy, agreed. I whole-heartedly agree. Pretty sad that we, as fans, think 'wow the board done good' when they have managed not to balls up a run of the mill procedure.

Sheedy, agreed. I whole-heartedly agree. Pretty sad that we, as fans, think 'wow the board done good' when they have managed not to balls up a run of the mill procedure.

It's like if we spend more than half the Rodwell money we'll have the bunting out , it is an example of where recent years off the field have taken us.

Are Moyes and Kenwright - dare I say it - learning?

It's like if we spend more than half the Rodwell money we'll have the bunting out , it is an example of where recent years off the field have taken us.

Do you still think we'll only have the £6m to spend mate? Moyes seems to be making noises about getting at least another one in, but I don't know how much we could potentially have.

Do you still think we'll only have the £6m to spend mate? Moyes seems to be making noises about getting at least another one in, but I don't know how much we could potentially have.

I reckon 6-8 million based on nothing but wishful thinking. The rest will go to the banks to pay down debts.

I reckon 6-8 million based on nothing but wishful thinking. The rest will go to the banks to pay down debts.

I agree with you but I'd love to be wrong, £6-8m probably give or take "about half" of the Rodwell money which is what I heard, as I said that could have been moyes trying play down his funds but I suspect it'll be around those figures. Maybe what €6m (5.3) for mirallas maybe including bits, the young lad probably a lot less than initial reports and maybe somebody else for the centre cheap or on loan ?

The bunting is at the ready in the Moomin household.

Just waiting for the official confirmation.

If we sign that Niang and get Johnson on loan, or that Greek fella I will buy some sparklers to celebrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back