Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
His attitude seems good to me, with the one caveat being his complete lack of stamina and resilience.

But hey, I don't mind one brittle fanny in the team, if said fanny can occasionally pull an extra 2 points out of his arse for us. We have enough work horses.

Not good for the team though, if that attitude spreads throughout the squad he'll destroy the spirit Moyes has built up over a number of years. If he continues with those antics then we need to be looking at a replacement sharpish.

Not good for the team though, if that attitude spreads throughout the squad he'll destroy the spirit Moyes has built up over a number of years. If he continues with those antics then we need to be looking at a replacement sharpish.
Just needs to get use to the physical presence to the Premier League then he'll be fine.

Give him a chance to settle, I say. It's easy to forget this is his first season -- one hampered by injury too.

The combination of adjusting to a league that's about 107.30373 x better and dealing with the first lengthy spells of injury in your career could cause one to be a bit less enthusiastic about running up and down until their legs fall off.

Give him a chance to settle, I say. It's easy to forget this is his first season -- one hampered by injury too.

The combination of adjusting to a league that's about 107.30373 x better and dealing with the first lengthy spells of injury in your career could cause one to be a bit less enthusiastic about running up and down until their legs fall off.

£30-£40k a week should be enough encouragement, or whatever money he's on.

£30-£40k a week should be enough encouragement, or whatever money he's on.

But the way I see it, you're paid to be good at football.

I imagine Naismith is on a similar wedge. Now Naismith would no doubt run his socks off more than Mirallas, but ultimately the latter will produce more quantifiable rewards -- i.e. assists, goals, points. I'd rather the wedge go to the one making the difference to our season, rather than his leg muscles.

That said Moyes teams have a clear reliance on and foundation in a work ethic. I take that on board, and so I'd expect Mirallas to put in a shift. But from what I've seen he does -- he tracks back all the time and isn't afraid to get stuck in. The biggest complaints I've seen come from his reluctance to push himself to and through physical extremes. I have less of a problem with this, but perhaps we differ here. That's okay.

I think your letting your dislike of mirallas cloud your judgement mate Wilt
shire was diving and being a tit all first half and was at it going of the pitch so kev gave him one and rightly so. No different to any of our other heros big dunc, dean sharpy etc. I would rather one mirallas who can win games over 100 yes men yard dog nevilles and naismiths

Now Naismith would no doubt run his socks off more than Mirallas,

Agree

but ultimately the latter will produce more quantifiable rewards -- i.e. assists, goals, points.

Disagree

That said Moyes teams have a clear reliance on and foundation in a work ethic.

Agree

I'd expect Mirallas to put in a shift.

He doesn't though

he tracks back all the time and isn't afraid to get stuck in.

Do we have another player called Mirallas?

Now Naismith would no doubt run his socks off more than Mirallas,

Agree

but ultimately the latter will produce more quantifiable rewards -- i.e. assists, goals, points.

Disagree

That said Moyes teams have a clear reliance on and foundation in a work ethic.

Agree

I'd expect Mirallas to put in a shift.

He doesn't though

he tracks back all the time and isn't afraid to get stuck in.

Do we have another player called Mirallas?

It appears we're at an impasse.

I like Kev, but clearly you look for different things in a man. That's fine though -- Naismith needs someone to love him too.

He did track back better vs. Arsenal. There were a few very important ones, though he's no Seamus.

All in all, he seems a bit of a snide, but like Arteta, while in Blue he's our snide.

He did a proper R. Kelly on Wilshire, which makes me smile.

Kevs quality bungle your not a yard dog lover are you mate? Those who stick uo for neville because he puts a shift it its crazy Naismith will never have mirallas's ability add to that mirallas actually did a lot of defending yesterday, for a top 4 team you need 11 kevs leave the 11 Naismiths for stoke or west ham

Kevs quality bungle your not a yard dog lover are you mate? Those who stick uo for neville because he puts a shift it its crazy Naismith will never have mirallas's ability add to that mirallas actually did a lot of defending yesterday, for a top 4 team you need 11 kevs leave the 11 Naismiths for stoke or west ham

I doubt either would be much good in goal, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back