Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way we can let him go in January. One injury to Deulofeu and we're left with McGeady or he pushes one of our midfielders out wide which clearly doesn't work. The way Deulofeu plays i think it's only a matter of time before a defender goes right through him to teach him a lesson. Martinez doesn't like to buy in january so i can't see us letting him go unless part of a swap deal.

He shouldn't be sold unless he wants to go. Unfortunately, I can see that being the case. I don't think Kev can play every game (specifically because his hamstring can't take the punishment), and Roberto managed his games well at first. I think Robbie got tired of Kev's antics (which leads me to ask why the crap did you re-sign him?). He is a game changer, and you need someone like him in your squad (I like him as a super sub, but he should come in around the 60th minute rather than 75 or later). Kone has benefited the team more at the moment, but it isn't really fair to say Mirallas wouldn't because he hasn't had enough game time to really have an influence in most games. Either way, I'd like to see him get a run of games to see if his heart still bleeds blue. (sorry if my post kind of meandered, but it was a collection of thoughts)

I hope we see him vs Palace
Martinez spoke today about the beauty of this Everton squad is that if any player under performs there are enough options on the bench pushing to play
Well Kone (who i have loved this season) was poor vs Bournemouth - give Mirallas a chance to cement his own place (until his next bad performance)

Am I correct in thinking Kev hasn't gotten a start this year? Since the Man City match, every game I've been gagging to see a front 4 of Lukaku Geri, Ross, and Kevin on the left side. Can't we just give him a start in that lineup just once before we judge?

Am I correct in thinking Kev hasn't gotten a start this year? Since the Man City match, every game I've been gagging to see a front 4 of Lukaku Geri, Ross, and Kevin on the left side. Can't we just give him a start in that lineup just once before we judge?

Watford, Barnsley and Norwich.

Played well against Watford but got injured. Did OK against Barnsley and got a good goal - especially considering he did over 90 minutes after coming back from injury. Struggled against Norwich but grew into it.

Mirallas can still be extremely important to us this season.
Theres two scenarios here imo.

1. Bobby convinces him to stay in the end of the season
2. He's off and Yarmolenko comes in.

Easy x

Mirallas can still be extremely important to us this season.
Theres two scenarios here imo.

1. Bobby convinces him to stay in the end of the season
2. He's off and Yarmolenko comes in.

Easy x

To be fair he has convinced him twice so far and it hasnt got any better so if we get a bid then we will sell, cant see any other way around that. He clearly isnt playing or first choice in the team and he is an international footballer so first team football is kind of important for him.

Genuinely believe the contract was simply for transfer fee, no expression of commitment. He does like it here so if he was still an everton player in a few years he wouldn't be going on strike or anything. But 12 months left = low fee and trigger 2nd year, by the time we sell its only 18 months again. Makes sense considering he wasn't necessarily surplus in the summer.

Who would you rather have coming on as a sub in the 75th minute? Naisy or Mirallas

I really miss this guy starting and scoring for fun

Naismith if we're ahead, Mirallas if we're looking for a goal. But honestly in the same position I'd have Kone and Cleverley ahead of both.

So when looking to manage a game we're ahead in, Mirallas is a fourth choice left sided player for me. Hardly vital.

Naismith if we're ahead, Mirallas if we're looking for a goal. But honestly in the same position I'd have Kone and Cleverley ahead of both.

So when looking to manage a game we're ahead in, Mirallas is a fourth choice left sided player for me. Hardly vital.

I'm really glad you're not our manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back