Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Martinez decided to keep a clearly exausted Kone on against Bournemouth instead of bringing on a fresh Kev, that told me all I needed to know

Going to miss Kev

In fairness thats possibly a choice between a player who was tired and playing poorly but will generally have the smarts to hold up play and ease the pressure, and a player who I don´t think has shown any level of hold up play and is most likely to go direct and lose possession. Both not the best in helping out the defense.

I can understand the decision there.

In fairness thats possibly a choice between a player who was tired and playing poorly but will generally have the smarts to hold up play and ease the pressure, and a player who I don´t think has shown any level of hold up play and is most likely to go direct and lose possession. Both not the best in helping out the defense.

I can understand the decision there.
Kone gave the ball away on numerous occasions in the second half which added to the onslaught we faced . Il always back Bobby but it was clear it was an issue from 65mins and should have been taken off

Kone gave the ball away on numerous occasions in the second half which added to the onslaught we faced . Il always back Bobby but it was clear it was an issue from 65mins and should have been taken off

He did. He was very poor, but I could see why he might gamble with Kone doing the right thing more often rather than hoping Kev might have developed a footballing brain. If that swap was even in his thoughts!

Jesus, lock this thread. People going on about Mirallas like he's the second coming of Garrincha. We have a chap already in his position who holds up the play, improves the team and is, most importantly, someone who Rom clearly enjoys playing with. We now want to sacrifice that for a proven sulker who couldn't give a crap about this team and reckons Spurs are a better prospect.

He did. He was very poor, but I could see why he might gamble with Kone doing the right thing more often rather than hoping Kev might have developed a footballing brain. If that swap was even in his thoughts!

He brought Mirallas on against Boro when we were 2-0 up and slightly on the back foot, so it's not like he's never done something like that before

I think he was teaching Kev a lesson at Bournemouth

Jesus, lock this thread. People going on about Mirallas like he's the second coming of Garrincha. We have a chap already in his position who holds up the play, improves the team and is, most importantly, someone who Rom clearly enjoys playing with. We now want to sacrifice that for a proven sulker who couldn't give a crap about this team and reckons Spurs are a better prospect.

I think Kev is much better than you're suggesting

I also think he cares far more about the club and it's fan's than you're suggesting. I think it meant a lot to him that he got such a good response from the away fans on Tuesday

It would be a shame to see him go

If Delofeu got injured, we'd be stuck for options

He's a good squad player but he's just got to realise that that's his level.

I rate him as a footballer but I think his time with us is up.

I'd expect him to go for a hefty wedge in January to be replaced with someone who can occupy any of the three positions behind Rom. I'm not typing that Ukranian fella's name again though.

if he does go ill always have fond memories of him simply because unlike a hell of a lot of our players in recent history, he always turned up in derbies. for everyone slating his behaviour recently, anybody remember when we got twatted 4-0 at the pit and he didnt stop running and getting stuck in for the full 90, looked like he was going to feint at the final whistle, and the tackle on suarez of course.

I rate him as a footballer but I think his time with us is up.

I'd expect him to go for a hefty wedge in January to be replaced with someone who can occupy any of the three positions behind Rom. I'm not typing that Ukranian fella's name again though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him move on in January, not sure it'll be a hefty fee though, given Martinez's attitude during his first season for helping Heitinga and Jelavic get game time before a major tournament. The problem is the standard of club that will be interested and the type of club Mirallas believes he should be at will be a few levels apart.

Apart from not being in the Europa this season we're a club at the top end of his limit, any move for us will be either a sideways step to become another bench filler elsewhere or a backwards step to team where he'd be the star man but have no chance of European football or good cup runs.

To be honest if he's prepared to wait it out he'd be better sticking round and waiting for his chance, but looking at his career history he's not really proved to be a patient man in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back