Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
All sendings off are needless. Is Barry disruptive? McCarthy? Or is it just foreign players or flair players that can be disruptive?

He wanted to take a penalty. He actually wanted to step forward and take responsibility for something, how is that a bad thing? He'd been the first taker in the shoot out at West Ham the week before, maybe he was the only one with the bottle to put his hand up then and didn't see why he shouldn't get the same opportunity in a game situation. Maybe there had been an informal agreement that next time someone missed one he would take over, and Baines had missed his last one. You don't know, you're just mud slinging because you've decided he's a bad apple.

We've been here before reference his sendings off being compared too Barry and McCarthy, they are in an area of the pitch carrying out defensive duties which are always going to attract bookings,his job as I recall is too set up and score goals not run about the pitch like a headless chicken trying to cut folk in half and picking up needless suspensions for critical games.

You use a whole paragraph of laughable excuses for him as to why he took the penalty do you think these things are decided on the pitch?
review the video he was clearly not meant to take that penalty and he missed it!

I actually think he is a terrific player when his head is right and he is in the right mood, but that is a luxury we can't afford,the manager is not a mind reader whoever it is.

Mudslinging no,having an opinion yes.

From memory, was it not about Mirallas wanting to score a goal so he could run to the cameras and show off a tee shirt under his jersey paying "tribute" to some friend of his whom had died a few days before?

A total vanity project for Kev from what I remember.

And as as @larbert toffee says, why drag Jags into it?

He was back in his own half, tying his laces IIRC, entitled to believe that grown men up the other end of the pitch would act like the professionals they are and carry out the team plan re pennos rather than behave like schoolboys in the lunchtime kick around, fighting over who takes a penalty :Blink:

Not sure what line of work you're in mate, but in the adult world especially there is a chain of command and accountability all the way up that chain.

I don't believe our captain shirked that accountability, it is perfectly reasonable to assume that there was non-verbal communication between Baines and Jags regarding Kevin's request, taking into account the distance between them, unless of course you have full video footage in your bizarre Kevin Mirallas hate shrine to prove otherwise.

I have my opinions, you have your recollections about how involved Jags was, neither are facts.

Not sure what line of work you're in mate, but in the adult world especially there is a chain of command and accountability all the way up that chain.

I don't believe our captain shirked that accountability, it is perfectly reasonable to assume that there was non-verbal communication between Baines and Jags regarding Kevin's request, taking into account the distance between them, unless of course you have full video footage in your bizarre Kevin Mirallas hate shrine to prove otherwise.

I have my opinions, you have your recollections about how involved Jags was, neither are facts.

No need to be so prickly because some people don't share your opinion bout Mirallas hijacking the penalty.

"chain of command".......lol

Mrs Mirallas according to an un-checked googling.

Just FYI

axel-witsel-Rafaella-Szabo2.jpg
No wonder he looks tired !

Koeman appears to be a no nonsense type of a manager. I have no doubt that Mirallas has the ability to play first team football for Everton if he applies himself.
I can't see Koeman standing for any nonsense from Mirallas, or anyone else for that matter.
We could have a few casualties in the first year of Koeman's reign. But those that stay will want to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.