Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he's looking to bring young type players like Lewis Potter, Brennan Johnson etc to the club instead of older lads looking for a last payday. I can safely say anybody over the age of 26 shouldn't even be under consideration.

Previous regimes have lumped us with Allan,Doucoure and Gomes who have little value and high wages...
Sadly in our current financial bind it may be unavoidable.

We've already signed Tarkowski. I'm OK with a Bosman here and there, so long as the wage isn't 'top bracket.'

Similarly, any loans over 25/26 should be without future obligation.

"In an ideal world" (©DBB) we only buy players under 25, but we're not there yet.

Sadly in our current financial bind it may be unavoidable.

We've already signed Tarkowski. I'm OK with a Bosman here and there, so long as the wage isn't 'top bracket.'

Similarly, any loans over 25/26 should be without future obligation.

"In an ideal world" (©DBB) we only buy players under 25, but we're not there yet.
Really?

Lee Carsley would be the very obvious appointment for the under 21s, already doing that role with England, already working in that role with Cole, and with a string connection to the club - but gone and actually proved he can do the role elsewhere which marks him out from the usual jobs for the old boys group

Lee Carsley would be the very obvious appointment for the under 21s, already doing that role with England, already working in that role with Cole, and with a string connection to the club - but gone and actually proved he can do the role elsewhere which marks him out from the usual jobs for the old boys group

Surely it's a step back going from England U21 to Everton U21

Status
Not open for further replies.