2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not just the signings but him and Lampard have had a year to develop a style of play.
We must be the only team that don’t press, can’t play out of a press and have no idea what the formation will be one game to the next.

The dof experiment has failed miserably...either get a proper dof with pedigree or just give full power to the manager like in the moyes days.
Hard to give full power to a manager these days, especially when you hire-n-fire a different one every year. All it leads to is what we have now: a mismatch squad, recruited by half a dozen different people, with no real style or identity.

The dof experiment has failed miserably...either get a proper dof with pedigree or just give full power to the manager like in the moyes days.
It’s not the DOF structure that has failed as it works for other clubs - it is the personnel appointed into the roles like it has been for managerial appointments and inbound transfers and the subsequent executive /ownership interference. We initially appointed a head scout into the role, who would have possibly added value if appointed as a head scout. We then appoint a moderately successful from the Dutch league who could rely on time and South American gems. That league is a world away from ours and it proved to be the case. Take Newcastle for example….within 6 months of their takeover they identify Ashworth who prior to his role with Brighton, developed with West Brom and was FA Technical Director - a far greater pedigree than anyone we have ever appointed. The Board and ownership are just morons.

Imagine having the bottle to say you’re working on a 120 point plan to improve the footballing operation of the club and working for months on honing a list of expertly scouted targets and then suggesting Danny Ings on loan on the 2nd day of the transfer window. Absolutely incredible stuff. Balls of steel.
I thought all the chatter about 120 point plans was parody until I read yesterday that Denise apparently said as much. It's incredible stuff.

I mean, normally, a decent plan would restrict itself to, say, five points that everyone can remember and get behind. 120? Is this David Brent pretending to be "across the detail"?

Furthermore, for Denise to come out with a straight face and proudly talk about 120 points to work on as a sign of progress defies belief. I mean, it's an indictment of the utter chaos that she has largely overseen and been party to.

Will somebody confirm for me that she didn't talk of 120 points and this is indeed a meme?

Status
Not open for further replies.