2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anybody on here with extensive knowledge and experience in negotiating football transfers that can tell me why Harrison going to Villa is Thelwell's fault?
It's kind of like working in sales. You are supposed to close the deal and do whatever you possibly can to ensure they don't go with the competition. I mean, for this to happen to thelwell twice now where you practically have them in the bag and all they have to do it sign the dotted line in front of them but all it takes is a phone call and next thing you know they are off to Spurs or Villa.

Edit: No experience in negotiating football transfers. Just common sense. Something Thelwell lacks.

I'm not too bothered about the player here.

It does look poor on the club though.

Even so, what can they do? Handcuff a player to the x-ray machine?

The wider issue I think is that this is too localised and confined player scouting again.

We need to be unearthing players for ourselves that won't be prone to "medical hijacking".

We are in a weak and vulnerable state so I guess this sort of thing happens.

This is my bigger worry about deadline day - today is just a flavour of what can and does go wrong and entirely believable that we'll get to September 1st without another forward.

It's amazing how negligent he is, he is becoming a laughing stock and in turn making Everton look not desirable at all.

Villa at one stage was in a similar position to us and then with two shrewd signings of Emery & Monchi V ours of Thewell & Dyche and were at totally different levels.

Amazing what a a professional and aggressive board can achieve.

You literally said "the club is actually doing well to get that close"

No mate it's Danjuma and Jack Harrison.

The club's recruitment deserve no credit whatsoever. None.

The club's recruitment stinks - and those players bailing last minute is indicative of how shambolic we are.
We’ll have to agree to disagree but I do think in these 2 particular deals the club has done well to get that far, these are players playing at a level for European football like I was saying.

It’s one thing if we were being beaten like this by the likes of Wolves or Forest that’d be poor no doubt, these are from teams that finished 10 positions ahead of us the last few years. Disappointing that these players are choosing other clubs but at the end of the day I think everyone is fairly blameless on our end.

It's kind of like working in sales. You are supposed to close the deal and do whatever you possibly can to ensure they don't go with the competition. I mean, for this to happen to thelwell twice now where you practically have them in the bag and all they have to do it sign the dotted line in front of them but all it takes is a phone call and next thing you know they are off to Spurs or Villa.

Edit: No experience in negotiating football transfers. Just common sense. Something Thelwell lacks.
But if the other option is far more attractive, then what more can Thelwell do, especially given our financial situation?

This should absolutely be grounds for getting sacked. Brands and Walsh didnt oversee anything thos amateurish.

How can anyone have faith in his ability and suitability for the role at thos point.

An esquimo has more personality and charisma that this guy so no wonder people are running away from him at the first opportunit. Incapable of selling the brand to anybody...he must though be laughing so much every time he checks his bank balance. Pure incompetence to the highest level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back