2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree mate but that was always going to be a virtue signalling approach that was never going to work or do anything positive for Ukraine (which it hasn't done).

We have numerous middle eastern regimes owning English football clubs yet the government decides to target us/Chelsea because of what Putin is doing in Ukraine which smacks of rank hypocrisy by populist Boris.
Respectfully, the biggest load of bollocks I’ve read. Yeah they weren’t going to take action, but when they knew it was us and Chelsea, they rubbed their hands with glee. Forget the fact that Russia have invaded a neighbouring country and started a war in mainland Europe for the first time since WW2.

Respectfully, the biggest load of bollocks I’ve read. Yeah they weren’t going to take action, but when they knew it was us and Chelsea, they rubbed their hands with glee. Forget the fact that Russia have invaded a neighbouring country and started a war in mainland Europe for the first time since WW2.

Im not saying the government did that just to annoy us, I am saying they're hypocrites who invited the Saudi's into English football whilst causing massive problems for us and Chelsea because the populist PM wanted to "look tough" on Putin. Very few in the UK mainstream care about people being killed in Yemen whereas Ukraine was "the" story dominating the western world and good old Boris took his opportunity.

I have no problems with sanctions that actually have some affect on the war i.e. reducing buying Russian exports and not selling them weaponry/technology to prolong the conflict.

But if you seriously believe that by stopping Usmanov sponsoring Finch Farm / BMD or Abramovich spending £50m on a new player for Chelsea somehow helped Ukraine or hurt Putin / Russia you're very naive.

Let’s say Harrison goes to Villa after Danjuma went to Spurs in January. So what? How’s that a side of anything poor on Thelwell’s end?

You’d be arguing that the reality is we would’ve come 95% of the way of signing a player to battle relegation who then went on to choose to side for a team playing European football.

The players would be mad to choose us but the club is actually doing well to get that close.

Let’s say Harrison goes to Villa after Danjuma went to Spurs in January. So what? How’s that a side of anything poor on Thelwell’s end?

You’d be arguing that the reality is we would’ve come 95% of the way of signing a player to battle relegation who then went on to choose to side for a team playing European football.

The players would be mad to choose us but the club is actually doing well to get that close.

Very strange take

It's Thelwell's job to recruit players to improve the squad. Failing to sign players who have had medicals at the club makes him look completely inept at his job. It happens extremely rarely in football yet it might happen to us twice in the same year.

It would be another embarassment for the club and KT. His job is to deliver a squad for the manager and so far he is failing miserably. Effort is irrelevant too. Lots of people try hard in their job every day but it doesn't mean they are doing a good job and aren't allowed to use their effort as an excuse for mistakes.

Not their fault we started the season with only Ashley Young as an improvement on last season, without a striker, without a winger.

Honestly...

Last season we finished with our lowest ever Prem points total.

We can be pragmatic and acknowledge the difficulties without being apologists.

Not their fault we started the season with only Ashley Young as an improvement on last season, without a striker, without a winger.

Honestly...

Last season we finished with our lowest ever Prem points total.

We can be pragmatic and acknowledge the difficulties without being apologists.
Nah you’re totally misrepresenting what I’m saying there. I’m talking purely on the Danjuma and Harrison deals. Everything else is a massive issue of course but that’s not what I’m talking about.

Harrison and Danjuma choosing better clubs that us is not the fault of Thelwell. That’s my point here.

Nah you’re totally misrepresenting what I’m saying there. I’m talking purely on the Danjuma and Harrison deals. Everything else is a massive issue of course but that’s not what I’m talking about.

Harrison and Danjuma choosing better clubs that us is not the fault of Thelwell. That’s my point here.

You literally said "the club is actually doing well to get that close"

No mate it's Danjuma and Jack Harrison.

The club's recruitment deserve no credit whatsoever. None.

The club's recruitment stinks - and those players bailing last minute is indicative of how shambolic we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back