2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably, but you seem to be unaware that he isn't a scout.

….ha, ha. I expect the fundamental competency of a DOF is the ability to meet the playing requirement of the team within the budget available. His record on acquiring players should‘ve been explored at his interview.

’He’s not a scout’. A DoF will have awareness of global markets, he‘ll have individuals who’s judgement he trusts making recommendations to him but ultimately he has to decide who to buy. He has to have sound judgement himself. He might or might not have bought Maupay but he’s definitely not bought us an effective striker in 3 windows, surely we can all agree on that.

i have no agenda here, I’m just astounded some posters make excuses for that bare fact. If Chermiti turns out to be our Bilal Toure, I will give Thelwell credit for unearthing him but our DoF has left us vulnerable in a key position for far too long.

There is no excuse, the man is culpable for this failing.

Last edited:
….ha, ha. I expect the fundamental competency of a DOF is the ability to meet the playing requirement of the team within the budget available. His record on acquiring players should‘ve been explored at his interview.

’He’s not a scout’. A DoF will have awareness of global markets, he‘ll have individuals who’s judgement he trusts making recommendations to him but ultimately he has to decide who to buy. He might or might not have bought Maupay but he’s definitely not bought us an effective striker in 3 windows, surely we can all agree on that.

i have no agenda here, I’m just astounded some posters make excuses for that bare fact. If Chermiti turns out to be our Bilal Toure, I will give Thelwell credit for unearthing him but our DoF has left us vulnerable in a key position for far too long. There is no excuse, the man is culpable for this failing.
...................................hahahahaha
You absolutely have an agenda, everything is thelwell with you.

I'm sure he will have an awareness of the markets but his positions goes a long way beyond that and judging by the creation of new roles and what appear to be highly regarded appointments he has made, I would say as an outsider looking in he is attempting a complete systems management style overhaul of how we operate and he himself will be overseeing this from a systemic point of view. I have sympathy for anyone doing this under a dysfunctional board such as ours, doing this while changing managers as the last one (hired before him) was an idiot, doing this as the board is removed and new members hired, doing this under an FFP investigation (again none of his doing), doing this while the MSP funding drags out over a transfer window, doing this as the funds have gone dry and we try to build for the future and secure the present as the stadium is built.

All of these things could mean he still does a bad job, I haven't a clue, but given the circumstances he has some patience and sympathy from me. January was a disgrace and can't be allowed to happen again, its also not solely at his door, I just pray that if he is fired the next DoF is someone you can shoehorn into a story so you don't moan about him constantly.

Had Toure signed he'll have been up top yesterday. Thats not our Kev's fault.

These tings take time
when you miss out on your main target and the man is right not to panic buy and go straight for another Maupay / Che Adams just to try appease the fanbase.

If we bring in a Beto/Ekitite and can get Gnonto sealed the mans done bits alongside Young + Danjuma.

Chermiti is one for the future I dont expect he'll feature much. I would also say DCL's wages / his profile at the club are a noose around the clubs neck - he cant be relied upon to stay fit but likewise can we afford to have his 100k a week warming the bench as a 2nd/3rd choice ?

Thats great work that mate. One option doesnt materialise and your whole blueprint goes up in smoke and you're in the same scenario from 12 months ago. Brilliant planning that.

You're literally giving him credit aswell for signings that dont even play for this club 🤣

Thats great work that mate. One option doesnt materialise and your whole blueprint goes up in smoke and you're in the same scenario from 12 months ago. Brilliant planning that.

You're literally giving him credit aswell for signings that dont even play for this club 🤣

If its true we're finalising a deal for Beto / Ekitite then the bold bit isn't true.

Takes weeks not days to thrash out a deal when you don't have the finances to throw £30m+ on the table like a Villa/Newcastle/Brighton etc. are able to do.

...................................hahahahaha
You absolutely have an agenda, everything is thelwell with you.

I'm sure he will have an awareness of the markets but his positions goes a long way beyond that and judging by the creation of new roles and what appear to be highly regarded appointments he has made, I would say as an outsider looking in he is attempting a complete systems management style overhaul of how we operate and he himself will be overseeing this from a systemic point of view. I have sympathy for anyone doing this under a dysfunctional board such as ours, doing this while changing managers as the last one (hired before him) was an idiot, doing this as the board is removed and new members hired, doing this under an FFP investigation (again none of his doing), doing this while the MSP funding drags out over a transfer window, doing this as the funds have gone dry and we try to build for the future and secure the present as the stadium is built.

All of these things could mean he still does a bad job, I haven't a clue, but given the circumstances he has some patience and sympathy from me. January was a disgrace and can't be allowed to happen again, its also not solely at his door, I just pray that if he is fired the next DoF is someone you can shoehorn into a story so you don't moan about him constantly.

…fair enough, I’ll stop posting misinformation about him. I like ‘Kev’ lots, he’s doing a terrific job and strikers are too hard to buy. I actually feel better now.

Your criticism has to be taken will a large pinch of salt, as there is no doubt you have an agenda here. It's been reported by what are considered to be reliable sources that Maupay was Kenwright and Moshiri. He certainly doesn't marry up with the type of players we have been in for this summer or even in January.

Ah we’re back here are we. All the good/young signings are the DOF and all the crap signings are Kenwright/whichever manager is in place at the time that we don’t like. We’ve certainly been here before and will be here again.

What part of we need someone who can score goals right now do you not understand Kev. No wonder you are just a line manager.

Problem is Bebeto you cant seal a deal if you aint got the dough. Kudus was gushing at the prospect of joining us but Ajax pulled the plug when Utd chucked £90 millions on that show pony Antony.

Last season man had no money to spend whilst clubs like Chelsea can spend £700 millions in 12 months. If the club had the freedom of spend Gnonto would be already in the Royal Blue jersey.

Make no mistake the Tories have done a number on us cutting off our supply of USM sponserships.
So Russia invading Ukraine was the perfect opportunity Downing Street had been hoping for in order to smite Everton ???
You have one weird view of the world.
The government are without doubt a shower of tossers but, to suggest they cut off our supply of sponsorships is utterly inane.
Sanctions against oligarchs were made to try and hasten an end to the war, not to bugger up a malfunctioning football club.

So Russia invading Ukraine was the perfect opportunity Downing Street had been hoping for in order to smite Everton ???
You have one weird view of the world.
The government are without doubt a shower of tossers but, to suggest they cut off our supply of sponsorships is utterly inane.
Sanctions against oligarchs were made to try and hasten an end to the war, not to bugger up a malfunctioning football club.
Yes he has a strange view on much we are the victim in things. Really strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back