2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
….I think Dyche might actually be ok. I was impressed with how easily we opened Fulham up today, we just lacked quality.

I‘ll be in a minority but I think Dyche has a chance here.
I hope so mate. I think anyone that played under Clough must have some nouse. He has always struck me as a good talker, and whilst they are not proven (and are friends) Woan and Stone are working for him, so I would hope this is an indication that they think he has has something. We shall see. I will be more confident when he gets one or two more attacking/creative additions into the squad.

You cant buy a top striker with magic beans unfortunately.

Until the clubs able to go out and spend a good whack on a single player without paying on the drip the likes of Maupay are the sort of striker we're looking at.

He tried signing Toure who opted for Atlanta and Danjuma wasn't 100% fit to start today. Also not the mans fault that DCL's missus decided to pop a sprog the night before the game.

I can guarantee, that if you paid me to go and watch every team in the Championship and League One for two seasons, I’d have come up with a better striker than Maupay and a hell of a lot cheaper.

He’s just another bum sniffer, for the those two clowns above him.

….I think Dyche might actually be ok. I was impressed with how easily we opened Fulham up today, we just lacked quality.

I agree in better circumstances, but how much of a chance will depend on Thelwell and the board, Dyche will possibly be fired before end of season because of his superiors, which is criminal.

He talks in his letter to the fans of the progress of the academy...yet I am only seeing us selling those young talented youngsters to be able to stay afloat. There is no progress in the academy...where is the next big player coming from...all the ones we have are average at best with most probably never making it to the premier league.

Don’t think he’ll be allowing us to have any passengers.

The wingers in Garner and Iwobi, I was very by. Ran themselves into the ground and had impressive games. Was surprised to see Garmer come off.

But I like him, I feel a lot more confident in us staying up than I have in the previous two seasons under Benitez and Lampard.

….his supporters must be having a lie in this morning.
Cant say I’m a Thelwell fan or not, I nothing him really, but what I can tell you is I wouldn’t want his job.

“Right Kev, thanks to the last few fellas the wage bill is out of control, you’ll have to spread any transfers out over 5 years with tiny downpayments cos we’ve got no money, FFP means you’ll be watched like a hawk, and we’ve almost been relegated twice in a row so nobody decent will want to come here. Crack on”.

Cant say I’m a Thelwell fan or not, I nothing him really, but what I can tell you is I wouldn’t want his job.

“Right Kev, thanks to the last few fellas the wage bill is out of control, you’ll have to spread any transfers out over 5 years with tiny downpayments cos we’ve got no money, FFP means you’ll be watched like a hawk, and we’ve almost been relegated twice in a row so nobody decent will want to come here. Crack on”.
This. We don’t know who he is recommending or not. Do we know it was him suggesting Maupey and not El Bilal.

The players we are linked with seem to be young with sell on value which is the only way we can operate. This is a positive

We don’t seem to be able to get deals over the line. Is that on him, the lack of money or Kenwright negotiating the deals rather him. Again I have no idea.

Any changes he makes in the youth set up won’t be seen for 5 years at the earliest so again is it fair to beat him with this

He may be absolutely rubbish at his job or may be hamstrung. How do we know

24 hours on and still just shaking my head in disbelief at the deja vu of a full year on we started another campaign with no centre forward options. You got fulham there with the luxury of Mitrovic on the bench.
How do you go over a full calender year, way over, and still start the opening day with the same issue. I mean there is no guarentee we win that game yest. But give yourself a fkin fighters chance at least.
Kin Everton mate. Test the patience of all the saints.

24 hours on and still just shaking my head in disbelief at the deja vu of a full year on we started another campaign with no centre forward options. You got fulham there with the luxury of Mitrovic on the bench.
How do you go over a full calender year, way over, and still start the opening day with the same issue. I mean there is no guarentee we win that game yest. But give yourself a fkin fighters chance at least.
Kin Everton mate. Test the patience of all the saints.

I don’t think it’s all on him, but he’s in that position so he needs to foot a lot of the blame. In that statement he released he talks about having to go through the correct channels of the chairman and the board for approving transfers. It all smacks of Chairman Bill and Moshiri getting far too involved and slowing everything down.

If we only had 1 incompetent person in charge of transfers, then we’d probably get things done a bit quicker but we have 3 that have a say in it which slows it down much more.

We’ll never get the transfer system right until BK is gone and Moshiri leaves it to the DoF whoever that will be at the time.

I don’t think it’s all on him, but he’s in that position so he needs to foot a lot of the blame. In that statement he released he talks about having to go through the correct channels of the chairman and the board for approving transfers. It all smacks of Chairman Bill and Moshiri getting far too involved and slowing everything down.

If we only had 1 incompetent person in charge of transfers, then we’d probably get things done a bit quicker but we have 3 that have a say in it which slows it down much more.

We’ll never get the transfer system right until BK is gone and Moshiri leaves it to the DoF whoever that will be at the time.

I think everyone knows its a collective issue/problem. I mean i mention deja vu. I feel like im posting deja vu as a year ago i was posting could we not even get any sort of credible centre forward in on loan for the opening day fixture. Truth is we dont know if thelwell is utterly useless. He could well be. Any foundations he might be laying wont show for a while. So we're trusting this fella to be productive in essential areas right now. Its a hard call right now wether its all restrictions or he might just be absolutely crap.

Don’t think he’ll be allowing us to have any passengers.

The wingers in Garner and Iwobi, I was very by. Ran themselves into the ground and had impressive games. Was surprised to see Garmer come off.

But I like him, I feel a lot more confident in us staying up than I have in the previous two seasons under Benitez and Lampard.

…..would you not question Garner for the goal, Barney? Patterson covered inside, went with his runner but failed to block the cross which was critical but Garner wasn’t in touch with goalscorer at the back post. The same happened again shortly after when the same player should’ve scored.

Actually wondered if Dyche might bring Patterson off and drop Garner back. I think we looked vulnerable down our right side.

….nobody’s arguing it’s difficult, that’s why he’s paid the big bucks. Regardless of budget, regardless of pay structure he’s failed in 3 windows to find an effective striker.

He’s spent monies and brought players in other positions. He splashed £15m on Maupay at the same time El Bilal Toure was moving for £8m. Apparently Thelwell just tried to buy him for £30m. it’s his job to find players that meet the teams requirement and fit the pay envelope. He’s failing to do his job, there is absolutely no excuse.

He’s useless and nothing he’s done suggests otherwise.

How he sits there with a packed goodison whilst maupay starts. He should be hiding under a blanket in embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back