2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche's comments in his post-match press conference suggested to me that it's not overly likely that we'll be signing another forward in this window.

If we have another season with our forward option, we're in for a rough ride.
If true Dyche is a pussycat and needs lay it on the line and show some balls - Striker or resign.
Just what this useless board want a patsy to take the blame.

…..take the blinkers off and don’t defend the indefensible.

ok, let’s all agree that Walsh and Brands were responsible for every transfer under their tenure (even if it’s clear they weren’t). And then let’s agree they wasted the £500m you suggest they wasted. And lets say that has meant Thelwell hasn’t the same monies to spend that they have.

ok, so we all agree with you.

So, if Brands and Walsh are accountable for all transfers under their tenure, then so is Thelwell. He mightn’t have a big budget to spend but he’s spent monies. The pressing urgency for the last 3 windows has been an effective and robust striker, Thelwell spent £15m on Maupay alone.

When you have an opinion of somebody, it shouldn’t be set in stone. We saw it with some posters with Benitez. If you think it’s perfectly reasonable that Thelwell hadn’t brought in an effective central striker then say why, don’t be like a spoiled child and point the finger at others.
I agree with every word you say Eggs, which is why I don’t think it was Walsh’s or Brands’ failure. I think it hasn’t worked with any DoF because of Kenwright and Moshiri, so if I don’t blame them, I don’t blame the incumbent. I think we keep blaming the wrong people or the system. In my opinion, it’s neither. It’s the former ‘owner’ and the current ‘owner’. Where I blame Thelwell, is he must have known what he was walking into but still wanted the job, OR he has now found out BUT has still not resigned. That’s where he is at fault in my opinion.

I agree with every word you say Eggs, which is why I don’t think it was Walsh’s or Brands’ failure. I think it hasn’t worked with any DoF because of Kenwright and Moshiri, so if I don’t blame them, I don’t blame the incumbent. I think we keep blaming the wrong people or the system. In my opinion, it’s neither. It’s the former ‘owner’ and the current ‘owner’. Where I blame Thelwell, is he must have known what he was walking into but still wanted the job, OR he has now found out BUT has still not resigned. That’s where he is at fault in my opinion.

....and that’s a very reasonable view, Peter.

I just can’t warm to Thelwell, nothing about him suggests he knows about footballers. I don’t want his fancy communications, I want him to do the doing. Even with interference from high, I can‘t believe he hasn’t got enough influence to bring in an effective striker. We know Walsh brought in some players and we know Brands brought in some players. I confidently assume Thelwell can bring in some players.

That was then, this is now.

You cant buy a top striker with magic beans unfortunately.

Until the clubs able to go out and spend a good whack on a single player without paying on the drip the likes of Maupay are the sort of striker we're looking at.

He tried signing Toure who opted for Atlanta and Danjuma wasn't 100% fit to start today. Also not the mans fault that DCL's missus decided to pop a sprog the night before the game.

....and that’s a very reasonable view, Peter.

I just can’t warm to Thelwell, nothing about him suggests he knows about footballers. I don’t want his fancy communications, I want him to do the doing. Even with interference from high, I can‘t believe he hasn’t got enough influence to bring in an effective striker. We know Walsh brought in some players and we know Brands brought in some players. I confidently assume Thelwell can bring in some players.
I’d agree with that Eggs. At some point there has to be a degree of managing upwards and he has either not attempted to do that or has failed to do that so yes, I’m on board with that perspective.

I do however remember an interview Kenwright did a while ago, when he was mentioning a conversation with Moyes (manager at the time) where he said Moyes had pointed a player out and showed him videos and Kenwright said ‘oh yes, I can see why’ and smiled knowingly at the camera. It may have even been the ‘watch this space’ interview.Around that time we were linked with Moutinho and for some reason I think it may have been him.

I just think that BK has had to be happy with all signings and when you add in the alleged interference from soft arse Moshiri, it wouldn’t surprise me that it’s harder at Everton than most places. Other than money, there must be some reason we haven’t won a pot in 28 years right? Through a succession of managers, and one main owner for that duration, there has only been one constant. I blame KT for persisting with that and not resigning out of principle, not the fact that he is tied by what his boss/bosses do.

If true Dyche is a pussycat and needs lay it on the line and show some balls - Striker or resign.
Just what this useless board want a patsy to take the blame.

….but he‘s never going to do that. He’s openly said this isn’t a job he’d normally be offered. He knows the situation and believes he can keep us in this league despite the issues. I actually think he has a chance, Moshiri might have got lucky for once.

….but he‘s never going to do that. He’s openly said this isn’t a job he’d normally be offered. He knows the situation and believes he can keep us in this league despite the issues. I actually think he has a chance, Moshiri might have got lucky for once.
Yep this is too big a gig for any manager in Dyche’s position. He will make do, but will have in his CV that he managed Everton which will open doors to the possibility of managing about 85 other professional clubs in the future. Its a marker on a CV that can protect his career at least domestically.

sesame-street-cookie-monster.gif

Kev working hard on the next big transfer!!

Yep this is too big a gig for any manager in Dyche’s position. He will make do, but will have in his CV that he managed Everton which will open doors to the possibility of managing about 85 other professional clubs in the future. Its a marker on a CV that can protect his career at least domestically.

….I think Dyche might actually be ok. I was impressed with how easily we opened Fulham up today, we just lacked quality.

I‘ll be in a minority but I think Dyche has a chance here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back