Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a life ,you have no idea of the troubles he is suffering and seem to be oblivious that he has been injured .

Dead edgy to criticise Mykolenko on here and I’ve got no idea why. It’s seemingly not enough to just be a solid defender now. Funny how Pep went to pretty much playing 4 CBs at the back this season because he wanted solidity, won a treble with it, but clearly the hipsters on here know more than him and want some flying attacker who’ll whip crosses in and take set pieces even if he can’t defend anything (aka Lucas Digne)

Like all our players he has good and bad games but I must have imagined the period of at the end of Lampard’s first season when he was shutting down top wingers and all the fans were singing he’s magic.

Dead edgy to criticise Mykolenko on here and I’ve got no idea why. It’s seemingly not enough to just be a solid defender now. Funny how Pep went to pretty much playing 4 CBs at the back this season because he wanted solidity, won a treble with it, but clearly the hipsters on here know more than him and want some flying attacker who’ll whip crosses in and take set pieces even if he can’t defend anything (aka Lucas Digne)

Like all our players he has good and bad games but I must have imagined the period of at the end of Lampard’s first season when he was shutting down top wingers and all the fans were singing he’s magic.
Difference is City have 6-7 players who create we have maybe 1-2, we need our full backs to contribute to our attacks and possibly the lack of it is as much a coaching issue and not the players

You deffo imagined that. The lad is mediocre on his very best days.

Difference is City have 6-7 players who create we have maybe 1-2, we need our full backs to contribute to our attacks and possibly the lack of it is as much a coaching issue and not the players

No we need better attacking players. It’s not the fullbacks job to carry the attacking burden of the team because you can be certain the attacking players won’t be covering defensively.

We’re about to start a third season, without a functioning striker and just about avoided relegation for a second season, for that reason.

Kopite Weasel.
….started last season with Gordon playing Centre Forward. Finished last season with Gray playing CF despite Thelwell bringing in Maupay a month after the season started. He gambled on DCL being fit when even folk on here knew he’d have an interrupted career. We avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth.

The chances are we start this season without a robust and effective central striker. Chermiti might be the answer but the indication is ‘he’s one for the future’.Time will tell.

His failure to bring in an effective striking option negates anything else. Thelwell nearly cost us our top flight existence, there is no excuse, we should never forget that.

No we need better attacking players. It’s not the fullbacks job to carry the attacking burden of the team because you can be certain the attacking players won’t be covering defensively.
and we cant afford to have 4 players that wont/cant cross the half way line, both full backs need better coaching as we need as many options for creating this coming season and yes it would be great to get 3-4 creative players in but thats unlikely to happen short term so we adapt what we have

Mykolenko can't cross the halfway line and he can't defend. He is good at letting the cross come in from the opposition every game though.

And if Dyche rated him, he wouldn't be signing a 38 year old to start ahead of him.

and we cant afford to have 4 players that wont/cant cross the half way line, both full backs need better coaching as we need as many options for creating this coming season and yes it would be great to get 3-4 creative players in but thats unlikely to happen short term so we adapt what we have

I’d rather we just bought better attacking players than spend money on an attacking left back that can also defend. Unless they’re an absolute worldie (which we can’t afford) we’ll lose far more on their defensive errors than what they produce the other way (as we did with Digne)

Carlo realised this when he benched Digne for Godfrey and played 4 CBs and we started winning because they did the basics of stopping crosses and winning headers on the back post.

The amount of times Digne got stranded up the pitch and Keane and Mina/Holgate would get dragged out of position leading to us conceding was ridiculous.

Why would I "try and spin it " I hate people coming on a fans forum pretending to support the club ,just carrying on as if we can solve everything in the wave of a magic wand

I've had a season ticket for 20 years pal. Just because you don't agree with my opinion you shouldn't be getting your knickers in a twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back