2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Really need to make improvement at youth team level better scouting making patheays to the first team

….’pathways to the first team’ is one of those grandiose but absolutely useless statements. Posters use it but it’s a nothing. Things haven’t changed, the very good ones come through especially at a club like ours.

All the pathways in the world mean nothing if youngsters aren’t good enough. I’m sure the club were desparate to keep the likes of ISS but sometimes the best ones leave.

Thelwell has brought in people at youth level, it’s not coaching or ‘pathways’ that’s the issue, the big problem is recruitment.

So is he doing good or doing bad Eggs?

….i want him to be good but I’m concerned. I don’t like it when he talks because he’s more politician than football person, we had enough of that with DBB. I’ll admit I’m not keen on the man but that won’t bother me if he’s effective. I see him as part of the Moshiri set.

For once, I think we have a DoF who’s accountable for all transfers. Given the price, Garner was decent business. Onana has been disappointing because I expected more but we might get our monies on him. Much depends on Chermiti coming good, I liked the links with Kudus but his forward acquisitions look very poor.

We have too many players who are uncomfortable in possession and can’t strike a ball cleanly, you can get away with one or two but we need quality. His hands are tied financially but that isn’t an excuse, it’s when a DoF earns his corn.

Last edited:

Both should go. I’m not here making a case for KT, his tenure so far has been poor on the whole.

Dyche is different gravy though. This for me is Benetiz levels of horrific now.

….you’re 100% amiss comparing Dyche to the Obnoxious One.

Nobody complained about Dyche before the points deduction. Posters complain now but they didn’t when we won games before the rot set in. I stand by him, his tactics are uncomplicated. His Everton are decent defensively and create. I’d be very critical if we didn’t create but we do. We get players in the box, we get in good situations but our quality is poor.

I actually think Dyche is as fed up as the fans with the lack of quality at his disposal.

….’pathways to the first team’ is one of those grandiose but absolutely useless statements. Posters use it but it’s a nothing. Things haven’t changed, the very good ones come through especially at a club like ours.

All the pathways in the world mean nothing if youngsters aren’t good enough. I’m sure the club were desparate to keep the likes of ISS but sometimes the best ones leave.

Thelwell has brought in people at youth level, it’s not coaching or ‘pathways’ that’s the issue, the big problem is recruitment.
A pathway for me is getting them ready for the standards of professional football in whatever league. Is not just getting them in the everton team is also on us to try get them decent loans and try get offers in for other clubs. Many wont be good enough but is about us selling or whatever instead of keeping them at the club for far to long. I want see more deals like cannon simms ect

Sort our academy out if we have no money it's a joke no potential coming through..the other shower doing it what's going on
They're a way more attractive prospect than us though, what do people expect?

And if you're good you'll actually play there too as a bonus to probably winning a random cup.

They're a way more attractive prospect than us though, what do people expect?

And if you're good you'll actually play there too as a bonus to probably winning a random cup.
Na not having that premier league is attractive Everton are massive we have to do better

Na not having that premier league is attractive Everton are massive we have to do better
Were. Sadly.

Plus Prem is attractive but we've not given a yongster a decent run in years, why would they come here? On Reddit someone said we offer tours of the Liver building to youngsters as a little demo/tour, whereas the RS offer a full day access, signed stuff, stadium tours etc. Obviously could be someone making stuff up but it's hilariously believable.

….you’re 100% amiss comparing Dyche to the Obnoxious One.

Nobody complained about Dyche before the points deduction. Posters complain now but they didn’t when we won games before the rot set in. I stand by him, his tactics are uncomplicated. His Everton are decent defensively and create. I’d be very critical if we didn’t create but we do. We get players in the box, we get in good situations but our quality is poor.

I actually think Dyche is as fed up as the fans with the lack of quality at his disposal.
This is categorically not true