2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

We'll be looking at free agents and loan signings in the summer, I would imagine.
Dreading the target list for both Thelwell and Dyche together to be honest, as Welbeck, Michail Antonio, Chris Wood, Johnny Evans, Tomkins etc. are available this summer.

So are Brownhill and Kelly (Bournemouth) but we're probably not going for those free transfers are we?

Also we might have some money as Branthwaite is likely off ASAP, maybe Onana too, and we might still be relegated... A lot of ifs tbh

It depends on who is sold and for how much.
Maupay will definitely leave, probably Onana and of course Branthwaite will be a target for lots of clubs.
If they are sold we will have a budget, if not then I think you are largely correct.
Thelwell had identified Kudus for about 10m and he would probably have been signed if Utd didn't overpay for Antony by about 50m. He also signed Garner, Onana and McNeill.
Let's hope he has some other cheap talent spotted.
Maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised if any income we make from player sales goes straight to operating costs and servicing of loans. I fear that next year will be worse than this, financially.

There is zero chance Onana and Branners remain here beyond September.

Given how "skint" most clubs are, yes, we might struggle to get 60m for both.

Last game of the season against Arsenal away, I reckon Branthwaite will run down the tunnel in his Everton kit, 30 seconds later run back out on the pitch and be paraded to Arsenal fans in their new kit.

IT depends if we are still a Premier League club.

I think as a PL team we get 60m for Onana and Branners, I think if we go down we get considerably less.
I think we would get less for Onana but Branthwaite is so high profile now with so many clubs interested then I think his fee will be huge even if we went down.

We've got another year of Gueye, we already have Garner so it would make most sense to sell Onana, replace him with somebody 1/4 of his price as a squad option, and spend £20m or so on a fast winger. The club could still bank about £15m after those deals if he's sold for around £60m.

We will obviously need to utilise the loan market once again, so let's hope we can find better options than Harrison and Danjuma.

Holgate, Keane and Godfrey should be up for sale, but you really wouldn't fancy any club coming in for them other than a low % of their wages on loan deal. If we could somehow get £20m for those three we could replace them with a single loanee at centre back, and use the money on a striker.

Trying to find ways that don't see us sell Branthwaite here, but think it's inevitable at this point. He best bring in £80-odd million, but there again you wouldn't trust the club to do the right thing with it.