2024/25 Kevin Thelwell

He stated Coleman and Young are capable for another year, Patterson is to return , Garner can fill in and Dixon is in and around the team.

In terms of left back , Myko is an international, Young can play there and so can McNeil….

…McNeil can’t play there, that was patently obvious on Wednesday. The sad reality is Young is without doubt the best LB cover we have and arguably the best RB. It’s ridiculous we’re still exposed in key areas.

From the first moment I heard Thelwell he talked the ‘corporate talk’. I can see why he’d impress non-football people at interview, why he comfortably cozies up to prospective new buyers and comes over well on telly, but before his appointment here he should’ve been critically questioned on;

The players he has bought and sold at other clubs.
The process he applies in transfer business.
The scouting networks he’s set up.
His global contacts.

Obviously the scope of his job is greater regarding Academy, continuity through teams etc but the aim of interviewing DOF is not for him to ‘tell’ you how good he is, it’s for him to ‘show’ you how good he is using evidence. Being articulate is a bonus, being a football man is a must and that’s where I have my doubts.

I sincerely hope he’s the right man but I’ve never warmed to him.

The BBC lose so many listeners with this account sign in stuff, no one can be arsed, has nobody told them ?

When is the "second" exclusive part of this obvious poor squad options washing happening ?

You want an employee of Everton to say we've been terrible and it's time to panic?
No mate, I want the person responsible for our sporting performance to say it isn't good enough and everybody needs to do better.

If you're happy with people just telling you everything is fine when everybody with eyes can see it isn't, good for you - but that's not the standards I expect from Everton.

No mate, I want the person responsible for our sporting performance to say it isn't good enough and everybody needs to do better.

If you're happy with people just telling you everything is fine when everybody with eyes can see it isn't, good for you - but that's not the standards I expect from Everton.
I don't believe he even hinted that it was good enough though

I think KT has done a really good job since his arrival.

He has more or less managed to clear the squad of non performing expensive players.
He has at the same time brought in a lot of younger players, some of them would appear to be very good young players.

He has done this with basically no money to spend and the threat of PSR looming over his every decision.

Of course a new owner may want to go in a different direction with DOF and/or manager and only time will tell us this.

He stated Coleman and Young are capable for another year, Patterson is to return , Garner can fill in and Dixon is in and around the team.

In terms of left back , Myko is an international, Young can play there and so can McNeil….
To take a first team regular forward and have to play him at LB should never have to happen.

This is glaringly obvious to all.

A 25 man premier league squad with 23 of the positions used, in which four are goalkeepers, there is surely room for another LB or two ?

…McNeil can’t play there, that was patently obvious on Wednesday. The sad reality is Young is without doubt the best LB cover we have and arguably the best RB. It’s ridiculous we’re still exposed in key areas.

From the first moment I heard Thelwell he talked the ‘corporate talk’. I can see why he’d impress non-football people at interview, why he comfortably cozies up to prospective new buyers and comes over well on telly, but before his appointment here he should’ve been critically questioned on;

The players he has bought and sold at other clubs.
The process he applies in transfer business.
The scouting networks he’s set up.
His global contacts.

Obviously the scope of his job is greater regarding Academy, continuity through teams etc but the aim of interviewing DOF is not for him to ‘tell’ you how good he is, it’s for him to ‘show’ you how good he is using evidence. Being articulate is a bonus, being a football man is a must and that’s where I have my doubts.

I sincerely hope he’s the right man but I’ve never warmed to him.
I hadn't noticed 👀

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back