2024/25 Kevin Thelwell

Yeah re read mate.

I'll take another stab at it then.

Thelwell can't recruit according to just what Dyche wants, otherwise he's not a DoF it's Dyche acting as it.

Thelwells job is to bring in the best players he can to suit the long term recruitment strategy and that the current manager SHOULD utilise.

He can ensure the manger has the players he needs but he can't make him choose to play them
But the rumours going round courtesy of Bobble is that's exactly what he was doing, he had 8 players lined up and Dyche said no to them all. We all agree that Thelwell is ideally in charge, not Dyche but that doesn't appear to be the case if the manager can say no to EIGHT players, who, I'm assuming here, were in positions of need. I just don't get how he can say no to 8 different players but say yeah I'd love a 4th choice centre half, but I'm still gonna play Mick.
Just to add, if Thelwell came to Dyche with various options on positions we all know say if these are examples which he'd go for.

Tim or Gueye/Philips
McNeil or Ndiaye
Doucoure or Lindstrom
Harrison or Piennar (when he first arrived)
Keane or O'Brien
I'll add one more I think given the choice Dyche would rather have Tarkowski fit than Branthwaite given the option.
Mykolenko or a young Baines.
DCL or a 20yo Lukaku.
Young or a 22yo Coleman.

It's scary but I honestly think he'd go for the first option in every case.
But again, we DID sign this unproven 23 year old. Surely before spending so much on him there shouldve been a really serious conversation on "Sean will you actually use him?" Because the bedding in thing doesn't really back when Branthwaite will be back next week and Tarkowski never gets injured. If one of them gets injured Dyche will probably still say O'brien is still too inexperienced. The only thing that is slightly logical is that Dyche thought he would use him, and now he's through the door he has got cold feet. Beto was the exact same, it's almost a carbon copy.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back