2024/25 Kevin Thelwell

It does appear so far that Iroegbunam, O Brien and Ndiaye have been very shrewd business by KT.

We have to wait and see about Lindstrom I think.
Too early to judge, but so far it looks like they can help the team

Of all his signings
McNeil, Onana, Garner, Gueye, Tarks, Coady, Harrison, Danjuma, Chermiti, Beto, Young, Vinagre, Jakupovic, Maupay have been the signings under him so far.

Maupay is the only financial flop of them, Young and Danjuma to add, but they were financially bearable at least.

Not many of them have been stand out, but decent level at least.

Reduced those Klaasens, Tosuns, Gbamin.

Too early to judge, but so far it looks like they can help the team

Of all his signings
McNeil, Onana, Garner, Gueye, Tarks, Coady, Harrison, Danjuma, Chermiti, Beto, Young, Vinagre, Jakupovic, Maupay have been the signings under him so far.

Maupay is the only financial flop of them, Young and Danjuma to add, but they were financially bearable at least.

Not many of them have been stand out, but decent level at least.

Reduced those Klaasens, Tosuns, Gbamin.
Thelwell’s sales have been more impressive than his buys in many ways , Iwobi, Onana , Kean, Godfrey etc . I see Tom Cannon who we got £7.5 mill for could be off for £5mill. The Iroegbunam “swap” for Dobbin looks like a master stroke, with Dobbin now on loan to West Brom. Let’s see what happens in the next two days though.

Thelwell’s sales have been more impressive than his buys in many ways , Iwobi, Onana , Kean, Godfrey etc . I see Tom Cannon who we got £7.5 mill for could be off for £5mill. The Iroegbunam “swap” for Dobbin looks like a master stroke, with Dobbin now on loan to West Brom. Let’s see what happens in the next two days though.
He build up a good team with players like Jota, Neves and Neto to name a few at Wolves that got 2x 7x in the prem during his time with their Portugues player strategy, they were all sold later for much more. Worked in the Red Bull dynasty that is one of the best when it comes to buy young player and sell them more expensive. Surely he learned a lot there. Hopefully it will pay off long-term.

I think the permanent buyings he made were apart from Maupay at least solid level, despite not many truly outstanding players.

Onana, Gueye, McNeil, Garner, Beto, Chermiti in his first season.

Tim, OBrien, Ndiaye looked alright.

A couple of loans. Lindström, Harrison, Danjuma, Coady

A couple of frees. Tarkowski, Young

Could have done way worse with the money he spent.

It does appear so far that Iroegbunam, O Brien and Ndiaye have been very shrewd business by KT.

We have to wait and see about Lindstrom I think.
The challenge is it take two people for that….the guy who buys, and a guy willing to play them and in a style suited to them

Thelwell has bought sensibly by ensuring that wages of new signings has been commensurate to their market value. This means that even duds like Maupay he’s been able to sell and recoup money.

Compare and contrast with Walsh and brands signings / extensions like Keane and Holgate which we can’t get rid off given how ludicrous their wages are

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.