Transfer Rumour Kieran Trippier

This was January...

1724328566049.webp

Granted, he benefits from playing in an attacking Newcastle team - see Gordon there vs us, but we desperately need someone who can cross a ball and provide chances.

He’s 34 in a couple of weeks. His form has deteriorated rapidly in the last 12 months and he’s made more than a few high profile errors, especially last season against us.

We have Coleman, Patterson and Young there already, as well as Dixon. Admittedly none of them are very good but Trippier isn’t a big improvement.

It’s not a disastrous move but I had hoped we were focusing our efforts mostly on a striker or a winger more than a right back.

Considering most of our play is sitting deep then hoof it forward hoping for a set piece opportunity it might be ok with Trippier as right back & chief whippering it in of the box. Only as a loan though.

Newcastle had a disjointed season, Tripper had his off field issues, they play a much faster brand of football than we do & for England he was played out of position on the left which was painful to watch as he has no left foot.

Depending on the loan fee, wages etc I could get behind this. I wouldn't say I was thrilled by it but I do like the idea of actual quality crosses for once.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back