Transfer Rumour Kieran Trippier

Yep this. Was slagging him off last season and he's clearly in decline but he'd be far and away our best right back. I know it isn't a very high bar.
Also can provide cover for Myko which is another plus. Think this is a signing that makes a lot of sense. Just hope no other prem teams go in for him..

Hmmm, his digits last season were very good, but it wasnt a great season for him.

Would be comical if we sold DCL just as we signed a RB who can cross a ball tho.
He's able to mix it up. Also his dead-ball delivery helps with our massive CB options.

He was playing left wing back in the euros tbf mate, in a set up that was unbalanced all over the pitch

It's very far from ideal like, but for me he would unquestionably be the best full back at the club. Unlike Ashley Young who is a 39 year old winger covering at either fullback slot!
Think Roman Dixon would be our best bet mate. Better than Young aswell. Agree about the Euros though 👌

So all the England squad was dreadful but they got to the final 😂 hope we have a similarly dreadful season...
We had an easy run to the final 😅

Yes he walks into the team at RB. Because Coleman & Young are dreadful + Dyche wont play Patterson or Dixon.

The major positive/negatives are:

He's 34 in September so not ideal

If hes a stopgap as we have faith in Dixon stepping up over the next 12months then it makes sense.

I believe the December disaster performances that he put in were around the time of his injuries.

I think once he was recovered the performances improved.

Not 100% on this, just what i had in my mind by season end when he was called up.
Just got off the phone to a geordie I work with. Sounds like the injuries were aload of nonsense and the real reason for his form was his personal life. He got caught shagging about and all that consumed him.

Hmmm, his digits last season were very good, but it wasnt a great season for him.

Would be comical if we sold DCL just as we signed a RB who can cross a ball tho.
Yeah right. Injuries and getting older isn't doing him a favour. Also they had many important players out, Dan Burn on full back is horrible situation.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back